1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zhou Qi

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Mar 17, 2015.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Yao had a broken foot at age 15 I think, A bad doctor gave him bad ear medicine and had a loss of hearing.
    I think the the Rockets overplaying a 340 lb plus 7'6, Jeff Van Gundy forcing Yao to Postup more, Yao took a lot of beating, hacked, scratched by Josh Howard of the Mavs, bled a lot. Chinese Government is to blame big time too, After a long time NBA season and playoffs. Yao never says no to the Chinese Government. During his playing years I think Yao never had a offseason to relax, let his body heal. All that running and jumping for 340 lb 7'6 frame is too much.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Clint Capela is quite Dominant against Karl Anthony Towns, Rudy Gobert. Capella next step is How to Dominant against the Warriors Demarcus Cousins, Draymond Green. Clint Capela Crucial Skill is to Improve his free throws and learn how to shoot 3 point shot.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dwight was still dominant the year he led us to WCF.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

16 points and 14 rebounds in the playoffs is not dominant. Actually if he was dominant more offensively we might have beat GSW. But this also shows that the earlier statement of Harden not knowing how to play with a "dominant" big man is wrong. Dwight wasn't dominant and we still go the WCF's. Harden's talent was going up while Dwight was dimming and thats the reason the Rockets less successful with Dwight after. He was still trying to play the same way even though he no longer had the talent. Sort of Melo may do this year except he has a much better coach now who should be able to manage it.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

It is true that D'Antoni is a much better coach... but who is to say that Carmelo is coachable?

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I guess we'll see. He did choose Houston perhaps he wants to be coached.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

16 and 14 isn't dominant? Is Tim Duncan dominant or not? He has a career average of 19 10 but I guess having 3 more pts and 4 less rebounds makes you dominant. The most dominant rebounder this year was Drummond with 16 rebs, Dwight had 2 less reb average in the playoffs and that's not dominant?

Dwight was the centerpiece of that push to reach WCF if you don't know that you didn't watch the series. He was definitely on the way down and Harden's star was on the way up but Dwight was still dominant when he led us to the WCF.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Aren't you too high on Joe? Future of this team? Lets wait until he becomes starter material first before you call him the future lol. In terms of evidence shown thus far Melton is more "team's future" material than Joe at this point. Joe definitely has potential but we have ti wait and see if he can realize it or not.

9. BackdoorHarden

He also chose to go to OKC last year and then decided he wasn't going to be coached by no one, no way, no how "because I know who I am as a player and I got going to the bench. I'm not a stand there and shoot 3's guy"

WHO ME?

lnchan likes this.
  10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He didnt want to go there he went because he had to go there or back to the knicks. Not that iM a big Melo apologizer but playing with the Rockets is different than playing with the most overrated player in the league. You dont get real open touches playing with Westbrook he makes everyone worse.

11. omgTHEpotential

If you look at when my post was made, it says October 2017. I was much higher on him back then. I still think he might become a serviceable player though.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Weird why are you higher on Joe last year when he played like a scrub then this year when he played good?

13. omgTHEpotential

Has a lot to do with his body. I somehow thought he would have made bigger strides in building his body up. Also, he's now 1 year older. I still think he might become a serviceable player. I'd say fringe starter / okay backup is his ceiling.

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yep. As with most of his career, until the last 3 years, he was definitely dominant defensively and on the boards. It was always a matter of being a true #1/#2 offensive dominant guy.

Which even in his higher scoring years, he wasn't really ever.

Also, you can look at the prior year. Dwight averaged 26 ppg, 13.7 rpg, 1.8 apg, 0.7 spg and 2.8 bpg in the 6 game loss to the Blazers, on 54% shooting.

Of course... they lost that series. Partly because Harden was anything but dominant.... supremely inefficient despite high usage.

15. Artestsuckskobe

Clint is completely dominated br stronger guys. Whiteside owns him and whiteside sucks