1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zhou Qi

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets2012, Mar 17, 2015.

1. rockets2012

rockets2012 Member

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Looks like he weighs 150 lbs. I wish the man well, but his first few years in the NBA will be tough for him.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Pretty sure Yi Jianlian was a much more highly regarded prospect. Hell, the Bucks traded Ray Allen for him.

4. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draf...-draft-how-emmanuel-mudiay-game-translate-nba

Great prospect and here's the fun fact: he modelled his game after Kevin Durant in one of his interviews.

5. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Yeah, you're way off.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah I got that all wrong. I'm getting confused with the hype that the Celtics were going to draft Yi at that time. They picked Jeff Green and traded him instead of Yi.

Either way, Yi Jianlian was way way more hyped than this guy.

7. i3artow i3aller

Would prefer Kung Fu Panda.
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_eih7BITMns?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]@ the mean mug afterwards

8. SunsRocketsfan

Yao was thin when he came into the league but this dude is flat out emaciated. He is going to get murdered with the physicality of NBA players.

9. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Holy smokes! This kid makes Durant look like he has Arnold prime arms.. But srs. This kid is scary skinny...

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Let's say he declares for 2015. Where do you guys think he'd go? Top 5 based on potential alone, or...?

11. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's unlikely to declare this year, but he's not a raw player with only potential by any means. He's been one of the world's best players in the similar age group international competition since 15 years old. For example, he'd had top10 PER with good defense in 2013 FIBAU19 while being two years younger than most players.

We'll have a better feel for his game next month in the Nike Summit.

12. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Looks like a bad version of Capela

13. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

Zhou has insane wingspan. Check how he blocked Yi's dunk attempt. His shoulder is lower than Yi's, but still got all ball block on top. Yi is a 7 footer. From the photo, Zhou's wingspan might be couple inches longer than Yi's.

[​IMG]

14. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

Another comparison with Andray Blatche. His arms look ridiculously long, several inches longer than Blatche's? :confused::confused:Zhou was almost just standing on ground and blocking another 7 footer, who was jumping in the air and shooting.

[​IMG]

15. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

this is one of the worst highlights ive ever seen...3/4 is wide open two handed dunks. WOW so impressive!

16. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

zHOU Qi. Get it done Morey!

17. basketballholic

7' 1-1/2" tall
    7' 9" wingspan
    9'6" standing reach

29.5" max vertical

Wow

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

His standing reach is as long as Yao's but he looks really weak and soft.

19. awc713

awc713 Member

Could see us seasoning him in the D league for a year or two. Then again, we'll likely do that with whomever we draft.

No doubt, this kid needs to get stronger if he ever wants to play in the NBA. I'm intrigued nonetheless.

20. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming the rumors about his measurements are true...if he comes out this year and is available at #14, we HAVE to draft this guy. His measurements are CRAZY; Gobert like. Also, he has good IQ based on what I've read/seen. You can see his potential in hitting that 15 foot jumper consistently. His defensive potential alone is worth a lottery pick. I would stash this guy in China for 2 years and then bring him over.

If he does workouts and decides to come over this year, I'd see him rising up the boards fast. I'd do whatever I have to for this guy.

This is the same thing I said about Capela last year. Dude is going to be a beast.

Edit - 7'9 Wingspan and 9'6 Standing Reach is a rumor. His last official measurements were in 2014 (per nbadraft dot net) w/ 7'6 Wingspan and 9'2 standing reach. Still impressive, but not Gobert like.

#20 Medicine N Music, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015