1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YouTube TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by theimpossibles1, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Fwiw, none of the known streaming TV services have ATT Sportsnet and doubt any of them will in the near future

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Loving YTtv so far. the unlimited DVR is fantastic.

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

YouTube TV is easily the best streaming service, I just hope they continue to expand their channel lineup. Otherwise, Reddit sports streaming channels fill the void until then.

I'm also grandfathered in to the $35/mo, so I couldn't be happier. It is accessible on any device, unlimited DVR, and I can share it with 6 accounts. It is a crazy-good deal.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Anyone thinking of cancelling youtubetv now that the price has gone up to $55 a month? Doesn't seem worth it at that price point.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I only get it for the playoffs. So I cancelled right after our loss.

6. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm splitting it with a family member. Since it allows multiple profiles, our DVR and recommended shows stay separate from one another so it works out. It wouldn't work out so well with other TV services if i shared it.

7. what

what Member

I stopped watching live tv a while back. In fact, I hardly watch hulu since I got my Roku Ultra. I mostly watch youtube videos since most of them aren't going to require a lot of thinking. And I'm so tired when I get home that I just wanty to watch my favorite youtubers, or just for laughs.
    I still watch some shows but not nearly as much as I used to.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Sounds exciting. Good for you.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This price increase sucks. That's for sure. It is now quite a bit more than Hulu even when I add the extra hulu features to allow all three of our televisions to be on at one time. YouTube TV does still have the unlimited DVR and has the Tennis Channel which is huge for me. So it might still be worth it. I'll have to talk it over with the family and see. Odds are we will stick with it for now.

10. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

I’m annoyed with the price increase since I mostly use it to have live sports and background TV plus was at the grandfathered $35 per month. Didn’t care about the added channels and felt like traditional cable model to be forced to pay for them. However the service and how the unlimited DVR works is too well done to consider canceling.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it's crap that they jacked up the price again this quickly. If they continue down this path, I can't help but think they will lose customers. I know I will probably stick with them this increase, but I doubt I will for future increases.

12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

They are pushing the envelope for me and not caring I was an early adopter. However they make it extremely easy to cancel and resubscribe as you need it. Same with any premium channel you want to add on to bing some shows from something like showtime and hassle free to drop. It’s really a great product I really don’t mind paying for it to a point.

It’s also really great when you travel with the DVR. Have watched some games late night in a hotel room where I’d never be able to do that otherwise.