1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

YouTube TV

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by theimpossibles1, Feb 16, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?gcl...CK5AQAvD_BwE&dclid=CMG5l8vcq9kCFQwMaQode0EAKw

This looks like a great deal. Anyone on this yet? Impressive channel lineup. If it had ATT sports net I would cancel my cable contract right now. I wonder if there's any way to add it...

Can record up to 9 shows at once with no storage limits. My questions, how is the streaming quality with a basic internet connection? Is it on Amazon fire tv stick (don't see that listed)? Where are the recordings stored? The cloud?

But $35 a month for all the major sports networks and most of the other good channels... Will probably get this when my cable contract ends.

Jontro likes this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Astros/Rockets are the only thing keeping me with Directv. I'd love to cut it all out and just live off of streaming.

theimpossibles1 and tmoney1101 like this.
  3. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Just got Hulu TV, works similarly, I am liking it so far

4. theimpossibles1

Hmmm. Might be time to short cable/satellite stocks....

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Same here except with Xfinity.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I cut cable a couple months ago and don’t miss it at all. Watching the Rockets on reddit works perfectly.

$35 for a streaming tv service is only slightly cheaper than just adding xfinity tv back to my internet service.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I love YouTube TV, you can share it with up to six people, which is insane.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I've been internet only for years. Don't think I'll ever go back to cable or even a cable streaming package.

don grahamleone likes this.
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

#9 tallanvor, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  10. what

what Member

reddit streams are as good as paid versions. You can find 720p quality to all nba games, and nfl games and most others. Hulu for everything else.

I hate live tv except for sports, so I don't know why anybody wants to watch live tv shows when you can stream it the next day commercial free. Reddit streaming has come along way.

BigMaloe and don grahamleone like this.
  11. TL

TL Contributing Member

I am trialing you tube TV now. It is working pretty well right now on a 18gb internet connection. Adding tnt/tbs was critical for basketball and baseball.

Love the DVR in concept. Unlimited for 9 months is great, but I hate that I can’t have it only record new episodes. I add Atlanta to the library and I am going to have every marathon before the season starts.

That sucks. The rewind isn’t quite right either. I like being able to replay stuff on my own and it isn’t quite right.

Also, since I have kids I would like Nick. That isn’t happening though.

If Direct TV had a DVR I would do that instead.

It won’t work on fire tv (Amazon vs Google), but works on Roku and Apple TV well.

12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

as if reddit streams isn't a thing? It's HD

13. what

what Member

I'm trying to tell them. Reddit streams are the way to go.
    I used to be of the mindset that I didn't want to get something for free illegally. However, after spending year after year with League Pass going up and up, and then always having problems with streaming. I decided that they don't deserve my money. They don't listen to you at all.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

What internet would y'all recommend as a supplement to this? Thinking about doing this.

15. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I've used Sling TV/DirecTV Now on 18mbps connection, which is fine on up to 2 TVs at once, after that it's going to be a stretch. currently on 100mbps connection and it works flawlessly on multiple screens

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You mind if I ask what that runs you total? Unless I'm missing something, which I probably am, the savings don't appear to be that much than the current cable/internet bundle I'm on.

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Currently getting 100mbps at $60/month, as far as TV, using IPTV service that i mentioned in the cord cutters thread, 6 months for $75, found out there are cheaper IPTV service out there later on, so probably gonna switch after my 6 months is up

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

For those of you who have YouTubeTV, have they added anymore channels? I know there was mention of regional sports networks and such.

19. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

For anyone who has YouTube TV living in Katy/Cypress/Houston, do you get Rockets games?

20. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

I am in Houston (Alief) and Rockets game on NBATV is blacked out. Games on ESPN and TNT are fine. No ATTSportsSW though.