1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Your Bucket list

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 17, 2018.

1. TheresTheDagger

I think we all know what it is. I was just wondering if folks here have one and if you do if you would mind sharing some things you've done and/or want to do! I thought it would be interesting.

I have 2 I want to do:

There is a fishing destination in a very, very remote part of Alaska that strangely enough shares the same name as my family name (which is very uncommon). I want to meet my brother there one day and terrorize the local fish population.

I want to take a tour of the places in Europe my father fought in World War II...maybe take something like a "Band of Brothers" tour. I'm a WWII buff anyways, and seeing what my father saw would help bring it home as well as be incredibly fascinating.

BabyClutch, Deckard, B-Bob and 5 others like this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

Go to the southern part of Africa again and spend a few months there with no cell phone.

Finish building my boat and travel across the Atlantic... preferably with my son when he is older.

Travel to Italy with my wife for a few weeks and stay in a particular villa there.

BabyClutch and TheresTheDagger like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Southeast Asia, all of it, hopefully soon.

I'd like to see the Great Barrier Reef before it all dies.

Iceland.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

The top of my bucket list has always been to go into space....Something that I hope becomes possible within the next 30 years.
    Second on the list is to kayak with whales.

BabyClutch and TheresTheDagger like this.
  5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I'm diligently knocking out my list, but a few expensive/currently inaccessible destinations I won't be visiting in the near future:

Antarctica
    Skeleton Coast, Namibia
    Socotra, Yemen

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  6. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Yoga in all 50 states.

B-Bob and TheresTheDagger like this.
  7. body slam

body slam Member

Seeing the Eagles in concert has always been top of my list. For some reason or another I've never been able to make it to a show since they reunited. Now with the passing of Glenn Frey I have to settle for the Eagills. I guess seeing 3 out of the 4 is better to than never seeing them.

cebu and TheresTheDagger like this.
  8. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Glenn Frey’s son is not quite ready for prime time. Don Henley seems to have relaxed a bit......not sure if that’s a good thing. I never saw them until they first got back together......maybe 15 years ago (I’m bad with time). One of the tightest bands I’ve ever seen. Pretty sure Don Henley was the one keeping everyone in line. He’s such a curmudgeon. Joe Walsh still has it.

And the last time I saw them (with Vince and Deacon), Timothy B. Schmidt had totally lost his voice. Sounded age related, but maybe it was just a temporary thing.

#8 Pole, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    body slam likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't even know. All my goals right now are more immediate. I'll have to come up with some things.

10. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

Haymitch likes this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

See the aurora borealis.

Go to Ireland and Scotland, follow some of the family tree a bit.

That's honestly about it, other than trying to vacation more in general.

TheresTheDagger and arkoe like this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My family came from Cape Wrath in Scotland, a wild, desolate area. I've been to Scotland, more than once, but I've never made it to the far Northwest of the country. While I've never made a bucket list, if I did (and I guess I am), going there would definitely be on it.

[​IMG]

The second thing, and I'll stick to two, like the OP, would be for one of our children, or both, to produce some grandchildren for us to make a fuss over. That, however, is entirely out of our hands. :cool:

#12 Deckard, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I add stuff to my bucket list after I've already done it:

1. Trip to Tanzania (and other parts of Africa)
    2. Singing on stage with opening act Paul Freeman at a Roger Daltrey concert at Target Center in Minneapolis and having the crowd rhythmically chant my name
    3. 6 grandkids
    4. Batting practice at Target Field
    5. Being alive while the Astros won the World Series

14. Buck Turgidson

It's been known to be entirely contained within my kitchen.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Man life is short when thinking about a bucket list.

I been able to travel a little the past few years but just not enough. Some of my goals:

• Iceland
    • New Zealand
    • Continue visiting National Parks
    • Thailand
    • Safari in Africa
    • Continue exploring more of Mexico
    • Costa Rica

Time has flown, but I've made the best of the times I can get away.

I been telling my wife this year that we should both just quit our jobs and blow our savings on going on a year long adventure. We are going to try to start having kids soon, so I can see that window of opportunity closing soon for being able to travel and really do whatever the hell we want in our young years. I wish I would of done some of these things in college, but I was focused on working and helping my grandma and uncle out financially as much as I could. Then I graduated and had to look after my grandma for a few years.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Don't have too much on my bucket list, I've accomplished a few in the past few years (went to Paris/Rome, attended all 4 major WWE PPVs in the same calendar year) The only one I have on my list is going to all NBA arenas, I've covered 9 in the past 12+ years, so I've got 20 to go. I really just want to travel more to places I haven't been to and checking off the NBA arena lists helps, along with now going to out of town WWE PPVs. I'll be going to Chicago next month for the first time since I'm going to Money in the Bank PPV.

18. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I've never really kept track of a bucket list, but thinking about it now, I'd say:
    • Taking the family to Australia and seeing Steve Irwin's zoo.
    • Camping/family road trip with my boys. Probably to Mt. Rushmore or something.
    • Finishing my lowrider car - Dad gave me my first car that I started working on. Can't really give it up now that he's gone and I'd like to do good and finish it.
    • See kids do what they want to do when they grow up - I just want to make it long enough to see them succeed.

My goals are pretty tame compared to everyone else. I'd like to travel more and I'm sure we will, but I don't necessarily prioritize it.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

20. jbasket

jbasket Member

There's this really cool-looking computer background photo I used to have, and I really want to go there. I'll start digging to figure out where that place is when the time comes (and where the photo is too, ha).