1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Yahoo Sports] Billups on why Melo hasn't found a team.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by plutoblue11, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

If Melo has stayed with the Nuggets, they probably would have given him his farewell tour. He forced his way out. That’s the way these things go. Nobody’s giving Dwight a farewell tour, either.

Roxfan4lyfe and Ramo$e like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The FareMelo Tour.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

remember when most of the board believed melo was supposed to be the difference for the rockets and he'd turn himself around just by being on the team. good times

tobster, Ramo$e, Easy and 2 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

CP would babysit him and he’d help against the Warriors :D

my favorites were the “if u think Melo won’t thrive here u don’t know basketball” posts

the Melo overhype was so ridiculous

fckbandwagons and YOLO like this.
  5. Acura

Acura Member

Seems as though you are doing the same with Westbrook. I hope we are both able to look back on this and laugh as we hoist the trophy though.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude got paid because he scored, not because he was a winner....

He just wanted to score....and do nothing else...

DD

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Not gonna lie, I was part of this group.

I honestly thought that the scoring punch would counteract the lack of defense. But Melo still hasn't realized that he's no longer a star and refuses to learn his role and own it.

Terrible player now that he can't score consistently and he will never earn a significant role in the NBA again. He's just too damned stubborn.

YOLO likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is very similar to Dominique Wilkins. Neither could defend a wooden post, but extremely talented scorers.

I suspect Melo could have been a winner If he would have embraced a secondary role earlier in his career. Still, in the era of ringchasing b****es I respect him for trying to be the Alpha. The NBA misses that, and I miss that.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah this was one of the big concerns with him that people brushed off and many were hoping just being around guys like harden/cp3 amongst others on the team would be able to check that a bit. and put him in a good place at this stage of his career

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

What are u getting at? I knew Melo was gonna be trash and made it known. I actually have hope that Russ can be very good here. Hopefully we won’t get too many bad decision brick fests.

11. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Why can't people just say it how it is. MELO SUCKS NOW! That's it. He is old and the game has passed him by. Gerald Green made last years roster. Melo did not.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Melo at "rock bottom":

“It felt like sh-t, somebody in power telling you they no longer need your services, it felt like I got fired," he said. "I felt like I don’t want to do this no more. I felt like I loved the game, but the game didn’t love me.”​

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/...0190808-ejfytswmqjftxirrh4sthf7efe-story.html

Carmelo Anthony: "Free agency has been tough because I feel like, in some ways, the NBA has given up on me.”

J.R. likes this.
  15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

And it was mostly all because he released a video in a hoodie making a few jump shots.. LOL.. Everyone be like dang! The guy is working hard to get in shape and be ready to dominate with the Rockets!

yoeddy likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. tobster

tobster Member

I definitely thought he could turn it around. But at the end of the day it didn't cost us anything except the vet min. Now if he would have went somewhere else and played well we would have been mad about that... its clutchfans... so yeah. With Morey, we are always capable of switching gears when things go wrong.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky -Michael Scott

BigShasta likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

“Melo needs to be with a coach that demands respect”...smh, just stop...

Melo is a borderline rotation player at best and is getting talked about like this. No team wants the media and others constantly talking about what role their 10th or 11th man should be playing. Gerald Green u can sit on the bench almost the entire game, give him DNPs, etc, and it’s no problem. Do the same to Melo and we’ll have players talking about #FreeMelo and the media discussing it. Melo is like an annoying distraction at this point.

Richie_Rich, Easy, YOLO and 1 other person like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

With the right coach Melo could be on the 2020 all-star team.

Nook likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Someone should reach out to Trump on twitter and see if he can put pressure on the NBA to bring Melo back to the league he loves.

Perhaps @KingCheetah could photo shop a MAGA hat on Anthony and forward it on.
    [​IMG]