1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Y! fantasy bball]veto a trade?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by The_Yoyo, Feb 8, 2010.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

is there a way to veto a trade made by two other people in fantasy basketball?

the guy in 2nd place (i'm in first) made a trade with the guy in last place that was this:

2nd place guy sends okafor, felton

for

dwight howard and joe johnson

i'm all for fair and somewhat even trades but is it just me or is this deal ridiculously lopsided in favor of the 2nd place guy?

i guess i am a bit more annoyed because i did a lot of advice to the 2nd place guy on FA pickups and all.

i wouldnt normally care but there is money involved in the league and i dont want to lose because of shady deals like this

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is it a Yahoo league? Typically, there are 2 choices when a Yahoo league is set up...

1. The Commissioner gets to say "yea" or "nea"

2. The league votes. Check on the top of your roster page to see if you can reject the trade. It's a majority rules kind of thing.

3. The_Yoyo

weak looks like there is no trade reject on it

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If there is money involved you need to alert the commish and at least have the trade put up to a league-wide vote.

Thats bush league.

5. The_Yoyo

the commish is the guy who is getting howard and johnson

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You need to let him know that that trade is bull**** and he needs to put it up for league approval or else he's playing crooked and you should alert the other players of his shenanigans.

Look at the avg yahoo player ranking on Johnson and Howard compared to Felton and Okafor... its not even close. Johnson is the 17th ranked and Dwight is 67th. Felton is 65th and Okafor is 82nd.

65th and 82nd best players for 17th and 67th?

Not even close to fair, plus Dwight is only ranked that low because of his horrible FT pct, you're still getting a ridiculous value in FG%, Reb, and BLK.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So apparently after the commish gets busted for trying to push through a horrifically lopsided trade during the short All Star week, he adds D-wade in the deal instead of Felton which at least evens it out a bit more since Wade is ranked 8th.

But consider that Dwight is really a top 10 player if you aren't worried about FT% (Yoyo told me the guy has a terrible FT% yearly record so he clearly isn't worried about that) and its still a bit lopsided but a lot better. If you don't care about winning your FT% category in a yahoo head-to-head league than Dwight Howard may as well be a Top 5 fantasy player based on his FG pct, Reb and Blk stats.

Then here comes the kicker... the jackass has his patsy deviously drop Troy Murphy while he drops the worthless Ericka Dampier. Then YoYo sees it and picks up Murphy and the moron actually had the audacity to IM him to say "Dude I was gonna pick up Murphy"

Shady all the way.

If I'm you I'm emailing all the other owners in the league to inform them what is happening and how this guy is clearly trying to cheat them out of their money.

8. The_Yoyo

emails has been sent to the other participants in the league...will see what happens i know one guy is upset and said that he thinks it shady and that the commish doesnt understand the 'fantasy' part of it.

yeah the guy in last place dropped murphy and added dampier instead

i picked up murphy right away and dropped milsap who is back to bench duty

yeah i get an im saying that he was planning to pick up murphy and was mad i beat him to the punch (i must have gotten lucky and added him maybe a minute after he was dropped)

either way if the other owners dont veto i may pull out even though i am in first place.

as moes mentioned its a H2H league and the guy so far is 3-11 in the FT% category w/o howard so adding howard does not hurt him at all there but boosts pretty much other categories where he is lacking (rebs, blks, fg%) so even with wade instead of felton its still a pretty lopsided trade...factor in that he was hoping to also get murphy for nothing from the guy then its shady to the max

9. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Isn't that the name of the game? Ya snooze, ya lose? Tell that effer to get over it. You just beat him at his own game.

10. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

No waivers on dropped players? I never liked that, as it makes it too easy to work the system.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

I never veto trades in fantasy basketball because I think it can be lame at times but in this case you have every right to veto that trade.

Definitely some shady stuff going on.

12. The_Yoyo

just to end this tale

so after I put him on blast the deal changed since we all said we'd pull our money

basically the end ended up as

wade/okafor for joe johnson/bynum

its a bit more fair though.

i didnt have to give back Murphy since i picked him up after he was dropped, partially as punishment to them I was willing to give him back but everyone else felt it was ok.

we all also agreed if we are all in a league next year that someone else will be commish (most likely myself)

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The fact that this guy was willing to go through such shady, dishonest tactics to win would be enough for me to pull out of the league, as well as asking any friends I had in the league to quit as well. What kind of a tool feels like it's ok to do that kind of thing.....ESPECIALLY when money is on the line?? If it was just for fun, I would still be ticked off, but at least there isn't anything tangible on the line. With money on the line though, the guy needs a kick square to his testicles.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That should be given for sure.

And one thing I noticed..you guys dont have a waiver period on free agents?