1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[X Files] Official: X-Files returning to Fox for 6 episodes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rashmon, Mar 24, 2015.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I've really enjoyed this season, shame it's not getting nearly the pub last years did.......

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Last year flopped bad. That's the reason I haven't given this a try. Are they doing monster of the week? Are they trying to serialize it? It's hard to do both in a shortened season.

GRENDEL likes this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

10 episodes this year vs 6 last year, they are still doing a mixture.....

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

This season is much better than last season - I feel like it's more like the Old X Files

GRENDEL and Torn n Frayed like this.
  5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

And they are working very very very blue, with Scully's Omibod showing up in the last episode!!

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just have not gotten into the reboot

Rocket River

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I keep thinking they are going to have a set of episodes which are linear and line up to explain the whole thing about the aliens. But, they do what they always do. They start off targeting the main plot point of the aliens and then dive into several episodes of whatever. Then, they are going to try to wrap it all up in the final episode. That's not to say I'm not enjoying it. It just feels like they could have wrapped it up in a 2 part finale. I did enjoy the last episode with the drones and robots, i.e. AI gone awry all because Fox wouldn't tip the Sushi robots (lol). I guess I'm left wondering if this really is it? I know the actress playing Scully says she is done. But, the actor playing Fox seems to be up for more. They will probably reboot this thing before too long.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I enjoyed the initial X-files run. This 2 season reboot....not as much. They are just ok. I feel like they are a caricature of themselves. Sometimes too over the top. Not as much urgency as it used to have.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen any of this. In fact, I forgot that there was a revival. Heck, I'm in love with Gillian Anderson, who is still hot after all these years. Catch her in The Fall if you don't believe me. Just don't tell my significant other about my obsession!

So, aside from the smokin' hot Ms. Anderson and the talented Mr. Duchovny, is this worth watching?

10. Buck Turgidson

The "X-Files 20-year Alien story + Movies" has gotten so convoluted, preposterous and "Lost-like" that the MOTW episodes are the only ones that hold up and are still worth watching. And they're good.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Best new episode of X-files this season. More Mr. Chuckle Teeth, please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

So what did Scully whisper to Mulder @ the end?

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be a cool alternate whisper.

[​IMG]

14. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I was hoping for 'full me up, butter-cup'...:p

daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

16. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The only thing the finale confirmed is the best episodes are the ones where they go off of the alien subject line and are doing the one-off investigations.

That was completely unsatisfying.

Can someone tell me what the significance at the end was where the smoking man got out of the car and looked at the dead person laying there's shoes? Was that supposed to mean that it wasn't Skinner lying there?

Also, doesn't it seem like the smoking man who Mulder shot at the end is not in fact dead? Mulder pumped some bullets in him but they didn't seem to go into anywhere vital. Also, the smoking man may have alien DNA in him for all we know. And, given the "kid" took one to the head and survived may imply that the smoking man might still be alive? After all, he's survived on a diet of cigarettes for many years now. lol

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agree 1000%. The finale was embarassingly bad. It felt contrived and shallow. It reminded me of how Chris Carter totally ****ed up Millennium which was a show I absolutely loved. Nothing lasts forever I suppose.

The ending was no surprise to anyone who'd finished kindergarten. How they keep bring back the smoking man defies logic - I mean wasn't he vaporized in the original series finale when his mountain blew up? His whole schnick came across as tired and dated. He may still be alive as it looked to me that he was wearing a vest. Yeah, that dead person was supposed to be Skinner but if you remember he dived under his car before it was struck by the other one. He's probably still alive. Gillian looked tired and sounded tired throughout the entire series. You can tell that she is done. And her being preggers? Seriously??? Five episodes back she had gone through menopause. Jeez!

18. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Finally rewatched all the episodes so I could watch the new season and I’m disappointed. I’m three episodes in and it just feels like a completely different show, I can only half pay attention.
    Kinda dumb how cigarette smoking man is still alive, might as well have brought back crycek