1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[X Files] Official: X-Files returning to Fox for 6 episodes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rashmon, Mar 24, 2015.

1. conquistador#11

thought it was awesome. TRUE fans know the truth. let me tell you about the time that these 2 heroes came to texas to solve a vampire case, it was just as silly then. 93ers for life!

2. Nero

Nero Member

Anyone recognize the 'Were-Human'? He was the head werewolf in What We Do In The Shadows.

Extremely clever concept, and the performers nailed the absurdity perfectly.

Also, one of the huffers at the beginning was in Tucker & Dale vs Evil .. (if you have not seen that movie, watch it IMMEDIATELY!)

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Just going to second that, it's hilarious!

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

The original run of the X-files was slightly before my time, but yesterday's episode was amazing.

Is this "revival" only for this season, or are they going to base the ratings / feedback, and decide to give it another season based on that? Have Duchovny and Anderson stated that they want to come back if another season is viable?

5. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Chris Carter and Duchovny have expressed interest in continuing it if it does well. I saw a quote from Duchovny saying he would like to continue doing 6 episode seasons. The ratings have been a huge success through 3 weeks. I would bet on another season next year.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The X-Files always pretends like it is going to try to answer the bigger mysteries regarding an alien conspiracy or a human conspiracy using alien technology. But, it never really does and I guess that is what keeps the show going right along. Last night's show was a prime example. While on topic for a X-File episode, it contributed nothing to the bigger theme. In other words, it's a typical X-Files season with stand-along episodes and some episodes contributing to a bigger mystery. I'm not sure why I thought they were concentrating back on the original main conspiracy. They always get sidetracked. Makes me wonder what questions they are actually going to answer this shortened season? Probably nilch.

The truth is out there but they are not interested in getting to the bottom of it. Then, there would be no show left because they would only be left with stand-alone mysteries not part of a bigger conspiracy theme?

As long as there's a chance to come back with new episodes, gotta keep us on the hook. We'll see what happens the rest of this season.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Missed the opener because of extra post-game celebration here in Carolina. Second episode was pretty good. Third was terrible. Losing hope...

9. dragician

dragician Member

produced by Alex Jones? :)

10. Nero

Nero Member

I find this interesting.

Can you elaborate as to exactly why you think it was terrible?

I ask because I think this particular episode has been very polarizing, and I am wondering why that is. Personally, I thought it was one of the best things I have seen on television in a long time. Now I realize this is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But since I liked it so much, I was just curious as to why you didn't. What was so terrible about it?

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I really enjoyed it as well and I've seen all kinds of polarizing opinions online as well.

If I had to guess, I would assume the main issue everyone has that didn't enjoy it, is it's tone.

I really think most people don't remember similar episodes from the original run which has similar tones....

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Reminds me of the DreamLand Episode

<iframe frameborder="0" width="480" height="270" src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x2dimbb" allowfullscreen></iframe><br /><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dimbb_the-x-files-season-06-episode-04-dreamland_tv" target="_blank">The X-Files Season 06 Episode 04 - Dreamland</a> <i>by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/RightMoveLLC" target="_blank">RightMoveLLC</a></i>

Rocket River

13. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Agree. To me it feels like Duchovny is doing a cross of Hank Moody and Fox Mulder. Too much humor. Scully as well. I've gone back and watched older episodes here and there and its a completely different tone.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I'll answer this since I made the comment as well -- I'm a huge fan and wanted a focus on the alien mystery since it's just a short run. The first two shows just seemed like a reboot using the same characters -- starting with the Roswell crash again IMO was just boring. I was hoping for something more mysterious/ darker -- the episode last night came out of nowhere and seemed silly. As a long-time fan I understand that those type of stand alone monster episodes are a core part of series, but with a few episodes left it just didn't work. On top of that I just didn't think it was that funny or interesting -- i'm going to watch all the episodes, but so far the X-Files reboot has been a bust.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I considered Ep 2 to be a MOTW as well. Certainly had nothing to do with the alien mystery.

Count me as one who approves this approach to keeping the same formula (~75% MOTW). If I wanted all focus on the alien story, why not just make another movie.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I honestly remember the darker stand-alone episodes more, but I still loved this episode. Duchovny and Anderson seemed a lot more comfortable and the humor was outstanding. The end stalled a bit though; The werelizard's story dragged.

I do hope they make some more episodes because it's been fun watching again. And I'd be happy with 8-10 in a season.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I thought EP 1, was a nice recap kinda show, Ep 2 was good, but Ep 3 was right there in the pocket.

Loving this revival.

And liking the BBC Sherlock approach - limited yearly run.

DD

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agree 1000%! I haven't laughed out loud that much in a long time. The 3rd episode was sheer genius - a wicked twist on the traditional monster genre. The role reversals were terrific as were the cameos appearances. This was the best one yet. So far, I'm really enjoying the series. It's a shame that it's limited to 6 episodes but hopefully there will be another series next season.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Scully aka Gillian is leaving the show soon but wish they could go on with new characters.

20. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

They been doing so much 'disclosure' on this season I wish more people would watch it...

GRENDEL likes this.