1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. spark06

spark06 Member

You just keep digging a deeper hole for us to bury you in. So by your flawed logic, (guys getting hurt during the season, playoffs are part of the season, correct?) anyone, besides GS, who wins this years championship will soon realize it to be tainted due to the fact that Boogie Cousins went down with an injury? LOL. Wrong again!

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

only 1 person on this board forgets. i shouldn't even say forget. its more like just is plain blind

and just because

holic will get the biggest pie in his face in a few weeks fellas. dont worry. but by all means continue to laugh at him if you wish. he's way pass the wth are you talking about phase. its just entertaining at this point

#762 YOLO, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Voltik, topfive and spark06 like this.
  3. biff17

biff17 Member

Can they screen and dunk and get double figure rebounds, be top ten in blocks, be capable of switching and run the flour at a high rate causing defensive breakdowns constantly?

Capela has very high basketball IQ and very good hands this are the reasons he is so dangerous on offense.

Name these plenty of guys.

D-rock and spark06 like this.
  4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

upload_2019-4-16_12-23-50.png

'Holic must have 83 burner accounts.

Voltik, kubli9, topfive and 2 others like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know about Thon but I would trade him for Thor

6. basketballholic

When we had two of Trevor, Luc and PJ out there with Capela....he looked, as you say, decent, at times, on an island with Curry. We do not have that this year. And he hasn't looked decent against more than just Curry.

7. basketballholic

Clint cannot do all that against the Warriors.

8. biff17

biff17 Member

Nobody can do all of that against the Warriors which is the point you have missed entirely.

But he can do that against everyone else in the western conference playoffs like he did last year.

That's a reality.

D-rock likes this.
  9. lnchan

Dude. Just like I got over my Austin Rivers and Jason Terry hate... you too can get over your Clint Capela hate. If you do so, I will give up my irrational fandom of Donatas.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

NOW I get it...

This is totally starting to make sense now, guys!

We need a 3-point-shooting center who can cover the perimeter and is elite at rebounding from the perimeter! Why didn't I see this before?!?

#770 topfive, Apr 16, 2019
    D-rock, biff17 and spark06 like this.
  11. basketballholic

A healthy Luc and Trevor WERE doing that against the Warriors and everybody else last season.

Once more, you're not being real.

12. lnchan

Well Brad Miller is only a year older than Vince Carter...

topfive likes this.
  13. basketballholic

No, you still don't get it.

He doesn't have to be elite at rebounding. Trevor and Luc weren't elite at rebounding. They were good enough at rebounding when merged with the other guys. Their spacing and shooting forced the opponents to go away from their own rebounding bigs and forced the opponents to match up against us. That's the key. We are now forced to attempt to match up against the Warriors. We can't force them to match up against us by running 3-point shooters out there at every position.

The truth here is you don't want to get it and you're not trying to get it. All you're trying to do is make me appear to be saying something I'm not so you can get a laugh and a few likes from your 3rd grade classmates.

#773 basketballholic, Apr 16, 2019
  14. biff17

biff17 Member

So now we don't need a center just a guy like Luc or Trev.

Makes sense.

So why are you harping against Capela again since we got Luc for the veteran minimum and we have House and Rivers doing some of the same things this year?

D-rock and topfive like this.
  15. basketballholic

We need centers that can shoot and switch defend effectively. We do not need to be paying high dollar for centers that cannot shoot the 3 and cannot switch efficiently for 7 games against the Warriors.

16. lnchan

Kevin Love... Kristaps Porzingis... Draymond Green...

...at this point, I would pick Capela above any of those three.

17. biff17

biff17 Member

There are no centers that can shoot and switch defensively at a high level which is something you refuse to admit.

Noel and Maker are worse switching than Capela and are worse rebounders and rim protectors.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  18. basketballholic

So what.

19. basketballholic

Sure there are. And we wouldn't be paying them $14 million per season for 5 years either. Be real.

20. spark06

spark06 Member

And your correction to Morey's colossal mistake is Thon Maker? :D:D:D A faux center at 221 pounds with career shooting percentages of 42.1% fg, 32.6% 3p and 67.7% ft. What a DEADEYE! Do you see the contradiction here? Maker can't shoot. Never could, never will. There is a reason the #1 team in the East gave up on him so early. It's obvious he's regressed while Clint continuously improves year after year.

#780 spark06, Apr 16, 2019
    topfive likes this.