1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 13, 2016.

?

Would you trade Capela for Thon Maker?

1. Yes

86 vote(s)
    15.0%
  2. No

486 vote(s)
    85.0%
  1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The Dubs are an historically great team in the conversation with MJ's Bulls and Magic's Lakers. Frankly, their talent is deeper and only their focus* (or health) can really derail their run again. (*See: Green comma Draymond as a prime example.)

IF there is the (inevitable) series in Rd 2 between TheGoodGuys and TheEvilEmpire and it comes down to DeMarcus Cousins to win it for the Dubs then I am all in on that as the Rox would then meet the Dames (or other).

Truest maxim in basketball, and other sports but NBA most, is that in a multi-team trade with one player out and several in the team getting the one wins the trade. Rox are where they are because DM the GM fleshes out the roster well (and look what the Lakes did with their additions after LBJ).

Mr 'holic, you appear to have a good mind, insight, and articulation. You seem like a normal person. Yet, your need to double-down after you've busted is beyond silly. The inanity just flows.

spark06 and D-rock like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is one of the great threads of our time. Cherish it while it is here.

hakeem94 and biff17 like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this and the DMo is the X-Factor thread. we need a poll

Deckard, spark06, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

lol Thon Maker.....

This dude, at 7'1", has never had a season where he shot better than 46% in his rookie year. 46%!!!
    This dude, at 7'1", has never averaged double digits in rebounding per game or even per 36 minutes.
    This dude, at 7'1", averaged 3 rebounds per game in 2017-2018 while playing 16.7 minutes a game.

Conversely,

Clint Capela's WORST season in terms of FG% was his rookie year when it was 48%
    Clint Capela has put up back to back double digit rebounding averages. In terms of Per 36 production, Capela has never dropped below 12 rpg and that was his 2nd year in the league.

lol Thon Maker....

Deckard, BigMaloe, spark06 and 3 others like this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You realize you can't throw an alley-oop to Maker?

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Career 3-pointers made, NBA & college combined: ZERO. Team beats Warriors in finals.

#687 topfive, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    BigMaloe, hakeem94, FLASH21 and 3 others like this.
  8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

this thread man, yall should be embarrassed.

9. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Rockets would have won it all last year with Capela as starting center if Chris Paul hadn't gone down.

10. biff17

biff17 Member

Nerlons Noel? Jan Vesely?

Dude you're not even trying anymore.

How can anybody keep doubling down on such a horrid hot take that's a couple of years old.

You are freaking amazing.

spark06 likes this.
  11. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Bbhollic is a legit bafoon. I cant even entertain his non sense anymore. Hes not worth talking to. He has no insider information. He has no insight. He isnt worth the time. The fact he remotely quadruples down on capela should show that.

kubli9, spark06 and biff17 like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Woah that names a blast from the past lol.

I remember watching his highlights and reading his scout reports, I thought the dude was gonna be a star.

He busted but I’m also surprised the league gave up on him so early. I’m no hollic, but it be cool to see him get a 2nd chance.

basketballholic and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I just want to go on the record with an answer here.

No, I would not trade Capela for Thon Maker.

SS0101 and glimmertwins like this.
  14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

this is how you justify your insane assumption or idea that the rockets are better off having Maker instead of Capela? Is part of your salary paying Capela's contract or something? You're griping about his contract but not CP's??

15. biff17

biff17 Member

Have no issue with him getting a 2nd chance but the thought of him being a Capela replacement is ludicrous.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Agreed lol

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I've seen some really sweet individual plays from Thon in his career - things that certainly make you excited about him as a "if he ever figures it out" type of guy. That being said, 90% of his games even at this point are painful reminders of how long he has to go. 3 years in, I would say he has to show a lot more than just one or two plays(and otherwise a minus on the court) over the course of a full game. Capela on the other hand has turned into one of the most solid 2-way Centers in the league. He doesn't have the possible ceiling of Thon but he is actually a MUCH better player than Thon at pretty much any stage of his career compared. At some point you have to admit Thon has to show A LOT more in his opportunities than what he has shown so far to even consider him as a starting quality NBA center, let alone the best 2-way center in the game like Capella.

Rashmon likes this.
  18. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

We see the same things, only my post is from 2015 after a few D league and rookie games ...

:)

hakeem94 and Codman like this.
  19. basketballholic

Option for this year????????????

If you don't think Harden is involved in front office, then explain Bobby Brown to me please.

#699 basketballholic, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  20. basketballholic

You dismantle Draymond by getting him out of the defensive paint and making him face guard a shooter on the perimeter. Milwaukee with Lopez and Toronto with Gasol/Pascal actually have a chance to do that.

Capela had the worst +/- on the team against the Warriors. We'r had to make up the deficits with him sitting. He'd not an adequate switcher against the Warriors. And he's regressed this year.

Yes, agree to disagree.