1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

(Wojbomb) Rockets talking to several Eastern conference teams about Capela trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Feb 2, 2020.

1. izeroi

izeroi Member

I've got a bad feeling about all of this...

RKREBORN and saleem like this.
  2. Chamillionaire

He's just slouching.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Anyone else expecting to hear Friday that we were close to acquiring big players in a deal but a team changed their mind in the final seconds?

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yep, it's the typical answer from Morey.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Same. I think it’ll ultimately be Clint for a wing and picks. I doubt the Rockets get back rotation-quality at two positions this trade deadline. Likely just one on the wing. Which is a lateral move imo, but one that will probably have a favorable impact on LT

6. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Same here.

I hope that they are not doing this just because someone in ownership/management has an itchy trigger finger.

7. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

It’s gonna be Boston.

8. MystikArkitect

Russ was a Hail Mary on 3rd down.

This is like a screen pass and then a series of laterals on 4th down. From your own 30.

everyday eddie and J Sizzle like this.
  9. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Boston makes the most sense. If we talk about one of the top 6 teams in the East who need an Embiid stopper, Boston is the only one with an open space there (Heat have Bam, Raps have Gasol etc). The problem is they only have Smart as a mid tier salary to trade and I’d be surprised if they trade him

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I believe so . . . .. . If not this year then next

Rocket River

11. ball4life66

ball4life66 Member

No. Hawks view Collins as a long term PF that can play some mins at C because he’s solid defensively. They’re looking for a C to play with Collins not trade him for one.

I don’t think Collins-Capela is a great fit offensively for them though. Defensively it’s great but they need someone that can score outside of 5 feet.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I agree. The Westbrook trade hasn’t made us better, it made us worse. Last season the Rockets were really good when Harden, Paul, and Capela all played. This year we struggle to beat bad teams.

So, now we have to trade our one true young asset to hopefully get better. It may work, or we may be digging ourselves in an even deeper hole. I guess it’s worth a shot, we aren’t winning anything as currently constructed. But, if this doesn’t work, then we really are out of good options to improve.

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Hello trade exception and 2nd round pick.

Dacamel, Nelly and pippendagimp like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

Kinda feels like Barkley. One last hurrah before the post Harden darkness.

This team goes as Harden's mood goes. Russ can get us to mediocrity. Harden gets us to greatness but in spurts.

Hes just a moody player. Gets into these bad, unexplainable funks where we all know something is wrong but it's just cast aside.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Are we allowed to trade 2020 and 2022 firsts?

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Astrodome and Vivi like this.
  18. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Yes

19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The best value the Rockets can get is during the offseason for Clint Capela.

GMs haggle way too much at the trade deadline, have a staring contest and overpay.

Daryl Morey track record of trading for guys is terrible at the trade deadline.

Marcus Morris traded away to Phoenix, no value back, Marcus wasn't developed in a right system. McHale terrible coaching.

Patrick Patterson for Thomas Robinson.

Terrence Williams for 1st Round Pick Houston traded.

Ugh ugly trades.

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

morey has gotten under the taxline almost every single trade deadline. you simply have a different perception of trade success than that of the front office :D