1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the bullet to Landry cost us homecourt advantage?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zzphilipjulia, Mar 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

I hate Landry's news. Right at this critical moment that we are fighting for our homecourt advantage, that bs bullet hurt one of our best bench players.
    Given our tough schedule for the rest 13 games, do you guys believe that we can still get homecourt advantage in the first round of playoff?

Is this team cursed? :mad:

2. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Great thread we needed to be reminded more thanks man! :mad:

3. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

Relax. We've dealt with worst adversity this season. Let's just wish for a full and speedy recovery for Landry. Our other guys can hold down fort until he's back.

4. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

Do you guys still remember the 4th quarter collapse in Chicago? Landry was out for that game.

5. redao

redao Member

Hayes+Cook...... that's scary. :eek:

6. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

March
    Wed 18 vs Detroit 8:30pm
    Fri 20 vs Minnesota 7:30pm
    Sun 22 @ San Antonio 2:30pm
    Tue 24 @ Utah 9:30pm
    Sat 28 vs LA Clippers 7:30pm
    April
    Wed 01 @ Phoenix 9:00pm
    Fri 03 @ LA Lakers 9:30pm
    Sun 05 vs Portland 6:00pm
    Tue 07 vs Orlando 7:30pm
    Thu 09 @ Sacramento 9:00pm
    Fri 10 @ Golden State 9:30pm
    Mon 13 vs New Orleans 7:30pm
    Wed 15 @ Dallas 7:00pm

Landry is out for 1-3 weeks based on what Mory said. The worst is that he will be back at April 07 vs Orlando.

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

If we really need extra firepower (ie not Hayes), we can always slide Artest up to PF and play James White (or even Cook)

8. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

The Rockets have an easy schedule the rest of the way. They should be able to cruise on into the playoffs. Gravy.

9. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Oh god, first we get the TOUGHEST SCHEDULE for a team in the playoff run, now one of our best bench players gets shot and is out for 1-3 weeks?
    I think lowry and white will be able to makeup. But the thing is...Landry was one of our best, maybe even our ONLY clutch player. This could be a problem.

10. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

You think our rest schedule is easy? Are you kidding? We can make the playoff for sure, but I just worry if we can get homecourt advantage for the first round.

11. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

we should all be fortunate landry is only out 1-3 weeks and will be with us during the playoffs. i dont care if we lose HC. as long as landry will be back with us we should all be happy.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

this thread is tasteless.

13. yobod

yobod Member

The 4 toughest games on the schedule will be the road games at san antonio, utah, LA, and Phoenix. It will be tough to win any of those without Landry, and I'm inclined to say that we won't. With that being said, that's 4 losses out of 13, and if we take care of business at home, at worst, we can go 7-6 over the next 13, and still end the season 51-31. Will that be good enough for homecourt, I don't know, but it's definitely NOT as gloom and doom as you're making it out to be.

You seriously need to step away from the computer if you're gonna post this junk though. Have some perspective. Things are definitely not as bad as you're making them out to be, and they could have DEFINITELY been worse. One star.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

EASY??? Man, go to bed.

15. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

You are such a rude guy. I just said that the injury of Landry might cost us homecourt advantage. Do I overreact?

16. R0cketC1ty123

R0cketC1ty123 Member

holy crap we are screwed

17. rocketman1979

rocketman1979 Contributing Member

:mad: you make me sick

18. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Landry or not, if the Rockets can play well without McGrady and Yao, then they can be ok without Landry for a little bit.

Personally, I care more about how they are playing come playoff time. Not as much about whether or not they have home court although of course, we'd like that seeing as they are much better at home this season.

Basketball aside, I hope Carl is ok and wish him a quick recovery. I hope you all thought about Carl the person when you first heard the news, not "oh noes, the Rockets."

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't a bad thread, this is a legitimate concern.
    Hope Carl gets better but man, that's going to be tough without him.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Yao should be back, and hopefully deke gets more time, and we still have scola.