1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah, for one game

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

One dominant special teams performance. He also played special teams in several other games.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

I was just referring to his special teams impact. We really saw it for one game.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not scoring a TD doesn't mean there wasn't an impact. For instance, it actually prevented the impact of the ball with Irvin's facemask.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Lol

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm usually okay with the Texans going after good character guys but I wonder how much better this team would have been if the first round the past two years weren't Kevin Johnson and Will Fuller but the Chiefs' Marcus Peters. KJ and Fuller are good picks but..man!

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

At this point I'm disappointed. He was a 1st round pick, not a 4th or 5th. He has small hands and he's a body catcher. But, maybe I should be more disappointed in the Texans for drafting him. The Texans knew he had bad hands and they still drafted him. He can still help the Texans going forward, but I want more from a 1st rounder.

Also, what's the excuse for other Texans dropping passes? Do they have small hands also?

RasaqBoi likes this.
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you. Many are talking about Fullee but CJ dropped a TD and a big first down in our own territory. Everyone needs to be held to higher standards. Especially in the playoffs.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When it comes to Fuller, he doesn't suck at catching just because of his small hands, he also sucks at catching due to being a body catcher. Also, everyone drops passes sometimes that they should catch, but Fuller seems to do it all the time.....and when you are trying to suggest that your first round draft pick WR dropping an easy TD on a perfect pass isn't so bad because a blocking TE had some drops too....well it's not good.

11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Strange response. I wasn't trying to suggest anything. And I didn't say anything about a TE. I am not suggesting Fuller "isn't so bad". I clearly stated I was disappointed in Fuller.

All I did in regard to our other receivers was ask a question. Why the dropped passes? We had a lot of dropped passes this year by a lot of receivers. Even Hopkins had some drops. All receiver will have some drops, but I thought we had too many as a team.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, it seems I misunderstood you then. I agree there were way too many drops as a team, even by Nuk who normally is sure handed.

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

At this point, I think the Texans need to work with Fuller on catching with his hands all offseason.

He needs to be a full time kick and punt returner and he needs to be used in the slot on offense.

Jalen Strong or Braxton Miller need to step up and be the number two. Probably Strong. Miller is good as the other slot guy. I'm excited to see more of Miller. I think he will have a better career than Fuller, to be honest.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

The difference between CJF dropping passes and Fuller dropping passes is that CJF has far surpassed all expectations and made up for his few drops with clutch catches.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Fuller, even with baby hands, can catch a punt... needs to be back there all the time. I also like Wendall Williams to pair with him on kickoff. I don't know why, but Fuller dropped so many easy catches and yet seemed to make ridiculously hard catches at times.. My main reason for Kizer is that the 2 connect pretty well. not sure how he would be for the rest of the team.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Cjf surpassed expectations because they were low. He finally made an impact in the receiving game, but it wasn't large

RasaqBoi likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2016 draft class this year was pretty disappointing outside of a few games from Fuller and Reader doing what he did when he got a chance.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't mind fullers drop . ****, I'd probably be so surprised that my quarterback managed to throw an on target pass I might drop it too .

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Meant to type Marcus Peters AND TYREKE EVANS vs KJ and Fuller. You got your CB and your speedy receiver/returner.

20. val_modus

val_modus Member

Tyreek Hill**

Tyreke Evans at this point in his career would be a distraction to the team.