1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will anyone want to play with James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jun 17, 2019.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

If the reports are true and CP really wants out what would his departure mean for any future hopes of pairing James with superstar type players?

I was actually surprised to learn that CP wanted to play with James in the first place considering what his reputation had already started to become before their paring.

They tried with Dwight Howard and that failed miserably.

Daryl traded everybody for CP and yes we saw some success with this pairing, but I think that it is clear that this duo has now run it's course as well.

Some people just naturally have a hard time sharing the spotlight and I think James is one of them.

My question is will superstar types want to come to Houston if CP leaves on bad terms?

2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Yeah they will come if they get the right $$$$

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

"Just shut up and watch me."

Os Trigonum and justtxyank like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was holding out hope that Harden wasn't that "Shut up and watch me." kind of player.. I guess when he was with KD and Russ, he saw players that could take over games so he filled in where he could. With the Rockets, Harden is the whole team. So, I guess Harden feels he shouldn't also have to fill in for the other players' deficiencies. That isn't a good trait in the Rockets best player.

I'm dismayed.

Little Bit, YOLO and tc0330 like this.
  5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i really dont think anyone does. not tryna be a debby downer but we go through this $hit every year... no body wants to play with him and if they do they're old AF.

6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

The article that this came from doesn't seem like he actually said this. Just body language? Whole bunch of articles speculations and "sources". I'm not saying that there aren't problems but not adding depth for them is what killed the team. Also being out coached in key moments.