1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why won't Trump lash out at Putin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jul 16, 2018.

?

Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t

1. It would have helped resolve them

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. It would have made them worse

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Not to a hypothetical scenario that you made up about Trump and Putin coming together to make the world peaceful and harmonious

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's one way to look at it.....or maybe they didn't compromise the election of ANY of them and it's just a narrative that popped up in order to create an excuse for why certain candidates lost in order to avoid learning the lesson from the loss.

Russia has been attempting to do the same types of things for decades and we heard nothing about it until the DNC needed an excuse for their loss.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am going to ask you to listen to this speech by this dude who wasn't never really known as a liberal. I hope you listen to him:

Ask yourself these questions:

Who benefits from a weakening of NATO and the EU?
    Who benefits from vicious partisan divide?
    Who benefits from a weak American leader?
    Who benefits from trade wars between America and her allies?
    Who benefits from America closing itself and withdrawing from the world?
    Who benefits from the void of power left by America cowering into a corner?

[​IMG]

#223 Sweet Lou 4 2, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Reagan was right then and it still applies now, with the the caveat that the Chinese going forward may be even worse. That being said, Reagan negotiated with the USSR and signed the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty with Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987.

That was a good thing, but your people whinged and moaned about that, too. Just as they surely will again - this time in maximally hysterical fashion - if Trump negotiates and signs some sort of big, positive agreement with the Russians that is in the neighborhood of being on par with the agreement Reagan signed, as mentioned above.

You people are mentally out of control. You really should seek some sort of help.

Bandwagoner and Bobbythegreat like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Actually our people voted for Reagan so not sure what you are talking about.

Reagan never cowered in front of Gorbachev like a little girl the way Trump did this past week. It's time your treacherous man-child Trump is removed from power.

As for you. Well, you're just useless.

6. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Your people voted for George McGovern, Jimmy Carter and Barack Hussein Obama.

[​IMG]

And you are not going to honestly convice anyone around here that you voted for Reagan. LOL. So save your energy.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I wasn't 18 so of course I didn't vote for him.

Putin is your daddy.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

10. adoo

adoo Member

you people voted for Traitor Trump !

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Wow Bernie just OWNED Paul on that one. Good find, glad you are seeing the light.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if you supporters really understand the Faustian bargain you've made. The bill will come due on the damage Trump is causing and I know you are all going to whine about paying it when it does.

The day he is out of office the same people who claim they didn't vote him and who now would give their life for him, will drop him like a bad penny. The claims that he never was a "real" Republican will be back in force. All sorts of convoluted logic about how he shouldn't count as a "real" conservative Republican. But you bought this train wreck, so be sure to own it, even though I know you won't.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised... Nixon's approval was something like 25% the day he resigned to avoid impeachment. Republicans then spent 30 years trying to stuff that skeleton into a closet somewhere.

I guarantee most of you die-hard stalwarts will Judas the f**k out of Trump as soon as he's no longer in power.

Rashmon likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Bush I, Bush II were just as quickly dropped. Obama dropped Clintonism. Modern politics has a very short memory. This is incredibly asinine to claim you should not support a president's policies you like because his character will make it difficult to win elections in the future.

At no point will Trump ever drop to Bush II approval ratings and that was easily recovered.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I finally put pgabriel on ignore, which I had avoided doing for a long time (despite the strong temptation to do so), out of respect for the previous version of pgabriel. Interacting with him in D&D clearly became a complete waste of my time. Since he was the most recent addition to my list, I counted the number of members on it out of curiosity. My ignore list now stands at 50. He took it to 50, but I doubt that it'll remain at that number. A large majority of those that are on there are there because of bigoted posts about one minority or another. That's an excellent way to make my list.

I've added some of the D&D "time-wasters" recently, particularly those who are obviously bots, or simply unintelligent members who repost obviously fake "news" from Breitbart and company (including Fox) for whatever bizarre reason that turns them on at the moment. I've left a few, however, just so I could see what misinformation and outright lies they are reposting here. It's strange to see some of the more moderate members still gamely responding to this "people," and I can guess who the ignored members are often enough. Personally, I have better things to do that make posts of 2 or 3 paragraphs and then get a one liner with some lie about Obama, or Hillary or someone else who's yesterday's news in return, and irrelevant to the discussion. Just thought I would share. :cool:

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Deckard you will bow down to President Putin...er Trump, or you will be retired!

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

"And now I will have your wife as well..."

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Obama was eight years of ever-spreading cancer to our nation. Trump is the chemotherapy that our country must have if we are to have any hope of being cured of this vile disease that you people have afflicted us with.

Of course nobody wants to go through chemotherapy and even with this drastic and very difficult course of treatment, there are no guarantees that it will be successful, especially considering how far gone our nation already was at the start of the chemotherapy.

Being a rational person, I wish there was an easier, less risky alternative. But considering the extent of the damage caused by the cancer, we are actually very fortunate to be provided this final opportunity.

We should all pray to God first of all to give thanks for the possibility of reprieve and rescue from what appeared to be certain doom as late as the early evening on November 8, 2016, and also for the favorable outcome in this very difficult process of rapid reform that President Trump - a severely flawed man, to be sure - is trying against spectacular resistance to lead our country through right now.

In God only we should trust. Never should we put our unreserved trust in any man or woman, and that certainly includes both Donald Trump and Barack Obama.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Use the peanut brain of yours for a second.

Why would Russia align itself with Trump? Russia's #1 enemy has been the United States of America.

And now Russia aligns itself with Trump and Co - people like you, peanut brained idiots who are easy to manipulate - who like rabid dogs are willing to attack their own countrymen and align themselves with the former head of the KGB.

Democrats aren't your enemy you idiot. Putin is. Democrats are your countrymen. Putin is not.

So are you ****ing stupid or are you a ****ing traitor?

20. Nook

Nook Member

Donald Trump has unfortunately proven to be completely incompetent and a habitual liar. He embarrassed our country with his HORRIBLE performance at the first summit.

How is that North Korea meet and greet gone?

Trump gets suckered over and over against and his subordinates have to walk back him giving away the Farm and then Trump does what he does best, lie and claim he never got suckered.

He is just a damn embarrassment.