1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why was Harden booed by Wolves fans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCkid, Apr 24, 2018.

1. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Well he totally just took the largest dump on the entire Timberwolves team and arena. Like the ones you take after eating at a gross greasy buffet and down a bottle of whiskey that stinks up the whole place kind of dump. It has been discussed that the man does not travel. He just uses the rules to his advantage. If the wolves had Harden they would be screaming MVP instead of boo's..

Smacktle and hakeem94 like this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They started a "Harden sucks" chant. I can't remember ever hearing that about another player. In baseball it happens when there's beef. A-Rod used to get taunted with chants in Boston that were specifically targeted at him using his name, same with Jeter. Basketball? MAYBE Kobe?

Smacktle likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

I don't know about others because I don't pay attention to chants, but I know that the Bucks fans have made more insulting ones to other stars like Lillard. And that wasn't even the playoffs.
    Sooo I don't think these are personal or uncommon at least in the Midwest perhaps?
    I

4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I live in Minnesota. I must have missed that memo. Prior to the series, news articles have been very complimentary of the Rockets and Harden.

No one remembers Houston fans doing similar things? This took about 2 seconds to find. It is not unusual for this to happen anywhere, against any team and/or any player:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/did-the-crowd-chant-kobe-sucks.76662/

Easy, Smacktle, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  5. Progs

Progs Member

I remember Toyota Center chanting Utah Sucks when Deron Williams was laying on the floor for several minutes during the Yao/Tmac era playoff chokes.

Smacktle likes this.
  6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Do you boo the best team's opposing player every time he touches the ball?
    I guess it's a possibility. Responses so far have run the gamut from "they would have booed anybody" to "fans particularly hate his style of play."
    Let's not get this mixed up. The <Player> Sucks chant is pretty common...agreed. I maintain the collective boos every time a player touches the ball is usually reserved for a particularly egregious/personal response to something the player did to said team. Rarely have I see that happen just because a player is good.

Smacktle likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is what was said before game 3

One thing to look for from the crowd is probably a lot of booing of Harden. He's been really villified as a cheater in MN.

Smacktle likes this.
  8. bobrek

Link to where that was reported in MN?

Smacktle and Fullcourt like this.
  9. bobrek

The booing happens as well.

Just google using:

fans booing every time player touches a ball

Smacktle likes this.
  10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

There was a Westbrook sucks chant last night, but that was likely in reference to "shutting that s*** down"

Smacktle likes this.
  11. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, but Utah really does suck.

Smacktle likes this.
  12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Yeah, I did...probably 19 out of 20 of the first responses I read were related to an ex-player or in response to an altercation the player had with a team, or lonzo ball because of his dad controversy, etc.

I remain unconvinced that it's common for a stadium to collectively boo a player every time he touches the ball without a specific reason. I think Wylo and napalm06 probably had the most accurate response. People just hates the way in which he destroys them (his "style of play"), which is only exacerbated and villainized by the media.

Not a lot of responses in the following thread, but probably sheds some light on the averages wolves fan view of Harden:

Smacktle and da_juice like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t have any link. It was said by @rocketsjudoka who seems to live in Minnesota as well.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

This level of booing usually means that something is personal. It’s like how Knicks fans boo Lebron because he curved them in 2010, did the water bottle challenge at the end of a blowout in MSG, and got into it with Kanter. There’s no rivalry between the Wolves and Rockets tho, and Harden hasn’t done anything to them.

Smacktle, da_juice and DFWRocket like this.
  15. bobrek

We hang out with different crowds. :)

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

"they don't even mean it though" ... It's true, more than a brilliant mind **** it's a signal that Harden has arrived at the level of the greats. It's awesome!

Smacktle and Killatron 2000 like this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

This. ESPN had spent the last few years painting Harden as a lazy, overrated, choker and that's all these Minny people know about Harden.

18. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

They mad because they got the residue of the Harden for Kevin Martin trade. Then they got Brandon Roy, who sucked. An HOF coach in Adelman couldn't even get them to the playoffs. Then they got the residue of KG. To top all that off, we took both Johnny Flynn and Corey "The Greyhound" Brewer from them. As an aside, Rubio sucked for them his whole career, and the year he leaves, he is a hero in the playoffs.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

For obvious reasons I don't want this this year; but a Jazz-TWolves series would have been fun to watch for Rubio alone.

Smacktle likes this.
  20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

wrong thread.

#60 dc rock, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018