1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Rick Adelman is at least as good as what we could replace him with

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by H-TownBBall, Mar 13, 2009.

Tags:
  1. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I thought this deserved its own thread since there are a plethora of threads complaining about Adelman's coaching. The main idea of these articles is that changing between coaches is not going to make much of a difference on team success. In fact, Adelman is one of only 7 veteran coaches who might have had a positive impact on his teams.

Coaches and Deck Chairs

Change You Can't Believe In

Basically, an NBA level coach is an NBA level coach. Players determine the wins, and as long as the players haven't tuned out the coach, you should probably just stick with the coach. This supports those who say firing JVG was nothing more than a lateral move, but he was butting heads with management, and Rick Adelman is certainly not any worse for the team.

2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Good analysis. Fire Adelman!

3. OlajuwonShake34

If I could pick any coach to replace Adelman, It would be Avery Johnson. But since he is the only coach out there aside from Avery that has a good reputation of being a good coach. I won't mind sticking with Adelman unless we fail to get out of the 1st round.....AGAIN.

4. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

What i would give to have JVG as the defensive coach of the rockets......glorious.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah or Tom Thibodeau. I wish we would of kept him.

6. faraza84

faraza84 Member

flip saunders

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would quit watching the rockets for at least a season if Avery ever became the coach.