1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Anybody but glass jaw savage....

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How was Brian Hoyer able to post a 6:1 TD to int ratio last season? Oh wait, that's different right?

If you look deeper into the numbers, you'll see Kap near the worst in the leage in numerous categories like throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down. You can manage to not throw any interceptions at all if you are only throwing screens....doesn't make you a good QB.

VY threw 10 TDs to only 3 interceptions his last season in Tennessee with a 98 QB rating....and he was absolute garbage that season.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hey hoyer was better than Brock last season . And the season he had for us here the year before confirms it .

Also Brian's 5 game sample size is twice as small as Colin's .

To your point about VY , 10 tds over the course of a season is bad . 16 in 11 games for Kap isn't great , but it's certainly better .

At this point it's clear you hate the guy and nothing anyone says could change your mind . Bringing up Vince young is just foolish.

We will see what happens , I tend to think that McNair won't let it happen .

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't hate the guy, I hate that he's terrible at football and yet people are pretending that he's good for some strange reason. People also accused me of hating Tebow when I said similar things about him being terrible at football. I guess it's just how it goes.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think you might care too much about what other people think.

I don't think most people think KAP is our savior , however, there's a logical argument to be made that it's a good idea to bring him in .

Sanity2disChaos likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think there is only a logical argument to be made for bringing him in if you don't understand that he's a bad player. If you look into his numbers more deeply, or actually watch him play, then you probably couldn't come up with a legitimate reason to bring him in.

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

HEY, DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU WERE THROUGH POSTING IN THIS THREAD BACK ON PAGE 9 OR 10????

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Ok, how about this, I will pander to the idea that Kaep is not a bad QB, we will call him average. The problem is that while he is not above average or great, he is the exact opposite of a QB for this system. If we fire BOB then sure, bring him and chip kelly in or something, but right now we have BOB and a average but injured QB that has been in the system for 4 years. Crazy thought, Savage maybe doesnt get injured and plays well when he gets a long chance. Im not putting all my eggs in that basket, but there are quite a few drafted QBs that come out after 3-4 years and are pretty darn good.

9. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I don't want Kaepernick. He was highly effective as a fad runner, but he was soon found to be a fraud. Savage is the best option for the team at this point, best, not ideal.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

We've tried to bring in BOB's system QBs and they have all sucked. I'm beginning to think that his system is trash, who knows though.

11. ballgame

ballgame Member

After Fitz, Mallett, Keenum, Hoyer and Brock and the fact that the offense has been going down every yr, I can truely say that this offense does not work unless you have Belicheck and/ or Brady

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

You guys are hilarious - as a Niner fan it was damn sad to watch Kaep regress. He is now no more valuable than Tyrone Swoopes.

Zero pocket presence
    Self sacks himself for no reason
    Trips over his own feet when trying to escape pressure
    No touch on deep throws
    Can't execute a screen
    Constant 3 and outs

13. liveguy

liveguy Member

This^^^

BUT.....it's mainly on the QB to be able to make good reads pre-snap, quick decisions post-snap and throw short to intermediate passes out of the defenses reach at all times.

They can find that QB, but BO'B just doesn't strike me as being patient with anything and those characteristics take time to develop...but I hope they can find a hidden gem in the draft this year.

I doubt BO'B will be with the Texans to coach them tho....

14. Sanity2disChaos

Who would you suggest we give a shot?

I would think Savage,Hoyer ,KP and a rookie in camp is 10x better than anything I can think of.

I'd honestly like to remove Hoyer from this scenario!

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hoyer already got Kaps old job with the Niners, so he's not available no matter what.

I think we're probably looking at going with Savage, Weeden, and a rookie, which is depressing, but you can't get blood from a stone. Unfortunately there just isn't any good options out there this off-season.

The best thing Savage and Weeden have going for them is that they both know the system and have at least some chemistry with the other players on the team. It's probably going to be a rough season no matter what, but I don't think adding Kap would help that in any way at all. If I did, then I'd be all for picking him up despite the baggage that comes with him.

16. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Unfortunately I say bring him in and let him compete. I doubt however he would take the salary of someone you just bring in to compete and we will continue to hear how he is being blackballed. With the exception of Brock we are masters of kicking the can down the road at the qb position and anticipate we will do that again this year;.

17. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Sound exactly like Schaub once the wheels fell off, but he was still good at screens that didn't turn into pick sixes.

Even if Kap was an average QB, McNair would not go down this road for personal reasons. RG3 is where my money is at this point, he'll be backing up Savage.

19. body slam

body slam Member

Who was the worst pocket passer the past two years in the NFL?

20. Fantasma Negro

Funny but honestly most teams are waiting until May 8 to sign free agents so they don't lose their 2018 compensatory draft pick status they got when they lost a player to free agency this off-season. Texans have a possible three high round (3-4) compensatory draft selections for the 2018 draft and its obvious they want it to stay that way. Plus it'll be after the draft and teams can low-ball guys with more confidence at that point

#400 Fantasma Negro, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.