1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is Isaiah Hartenstein playing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gorki, Nov 13, 2018.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

winner winner Holic dinner

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Cousins isn't who will be out there against Capela. It'll be Green and Durant at the 4/5 and that puts Capela to sleep. We don't even try to run PnR when Green is at the 5.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. txn

txn Member

1. "It DOES NOT work against the warriors." Then you think DJ will work better than CC when against Warriors?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/lol-at-dj-being-over-the-hill.294113/

2. You are just being delusional here. Do you have a target to replace?

"another 4 man that can defend bigs, switch well, defend the perimeter, about the 3 AND finish the PnR when we're running that play." Thats Anthony Davis or Lebron. LMAO. Can you name me another player that can do all the stuff above? Again, if trading away CC can get us AD or Lebron, I am all in to it. The question is can you get them? Right now, you just keep calling trading away CC with no realistic shot to get the SUPERSTAR you dream off. "Action without planning is the cause of all failure".

I think you should be the one give us a break. How about you give us a legit replacement target and the realistic trading plan on how to get them first, before you say you know basketball?

4. txn

txn Member

LMAO ... STOP!!! Please STOP, man.

#204 txn, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  5. smp

smp Member

Good point. Capela is much better catching those passes now. I don’t expect Hartenstein to learn that skill but who knows.

6. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

If we get GSW to keep Boogie on the bench and primarily go with Green/Durant at the 4/5, that is a win in my books.

Capela was a big factor in the GSW series last year and I fundamentally disagree with you trying to re-write the history on this. I’ll give you that Green is masterful at defending the PnR, but Capela as an over the top threat must be accounted for. Green is at his best playing free safety and creating chaos on D, but he has to stay at home on Capela.

Every inch of space matters for our ISO stars. The less Green can roam around defensively, the easier life is for Harden and CP3.

7. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

I was at the game. By far the most hyped the home crowd has been all season and it's not even close. Almost blew the roof off the Toyota Center.

As for Hartenstein, he has earned his minutes.
    Defensively - right place, right time.
    Offensively - leaves much to be desired but he isn't ****ing up. Plays within himself, knows his role, and doesn't force ill-advised shots. I see a bright future for this kid.

cbs1507, MONON, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

But holic genuinely believes we would have been 8-0 against them last season if Qi was playing the C spot and the main Durant defender.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. basketballholic

DJ might not be much better. But we won't pay him $85 million either. And he will be a better free throw shooter, rebounder, and paint defender for a third to a fourth or less the price is CC.

10. basketballholic

Context matters. Gotta watch the whole game and the whole series.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. basketballholic

That's a loser as has already been proven in last year's playoffs.

12. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Pretty disingenuous of you to blame our loss in a 7-game series on Capela’s limitations instead of CP3’s injury or 0-27.

We had them on the ropes and Capela was a big reason why.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Name names.... FOR WHO? You don't just describe a piece that you'd like... Who? Trade him for who that can offset what Capela brings and do all that you named... Your ball IQ is stunningly low.

14. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

So you think DJ is gonna keep that FT shooting up... Why? He's for his career a worse FT shooter than Clint and Clint is more likely to improve....

Clint is younger constantly improving... A better offensive player and better overall defender than DJ.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ahahahah!

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

@basketballholic

I didnt see you comment on hartenstein guarding Durant? whats your impression?

17. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I think he's gotta be the worst rotational big men amongst playoff team. I certainly can't think of anyone worst.

He has two talents. Hes big and he hustles? Can't catch, can't finish.

Not a threat on offense, not a contributor on defense..... He's just there to soak some minutes until we can play capella again. We need an upgrade real bad.

18. basketballholic

No he wasn't a big reason why. Cp3 and the play of the smalls, specifically PJ playing the 5 with Ariza at the 4 in our small lineup was the reason why.

19. basketballholic

I've already talked about this. Whatever assets we can get for him.

We can trade Brevin Knight right now, today, for another serviceable big man who can defend and rebound just as good poor better than Capela and run PnR almost as well as CC. You then trade Capela along with EGo plus picks for Anthony Davis. Or you keep Ego and trade Capela, expirings, to a team like Washington, Miami, Toronto, Knicks, Clippers, Bucks, for guys like Winslow, Whiteside, Porter, Oubre, Nurkic/Harkless. Too many possibilities to list here. But basically you break him up into assets by taking on a little salary this season.

20. basketballholic

I don't know where DJ's FT shooting is going from here. I'm as shocked a anybody about his improvement. And I have no idea if he will maintain it. Why you would imply that I think he's going to maintain it is beyond me. I've never one time indicated what I thought about DJ's future FT shooting. I've only pointed out that TODAY, right now, he's a superior FT shooter to Capela.

I do know however where Capela's FT shooting is going for the balance of this season at least. It's going NOWHERE. He didn't improve it over the summer.

All that talk about he was working on his shot, developing a 3-ball....was a joke. He did not work on his shooting. It's obvious. A 30 second video clip of him draining a 3 doesn't prove anything. Context. A game in November against a lottery team doesn't prove anything. Context.

We're staring at hack-a-Capela's in crunch time.....against quality opponents.....in the playoffs. It's gonna happen if he's here and wet make it there and he's actually playing well enough to be on the court in crunch time (he may not be against the Warriors, he princely went make it that far.)

"Younger than DJ" is not a reason to keep him and run him out there for 24 minutes against Green and KD.

He is not constantly improving. He regressed over the summer and is only just now starting to get close to playing up to his level from last year.

He is not a better overall defender than DJ.

He is not a better offensive player than DJ. You put DJ in our PnR and he'll be a force.....that can shoot free throws...apparently at least for this season.