1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Trump's adminstration keep making up terrorist attacks?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I guess time for an updated answer.

To justify his actions. Actions that are based on alt facts and lies.

Directed to his supporters. And it's working. As witnessed from this thread. And as polling is showing. Republican have a high approval level for Trump - 87%.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

how did this hurt foreign relation? who is it that you think is upset? Sweden? why? how was the Swedish government or any Swed affected by Trump misspeaking (in your opinion) and clearing it up the next day?

You could say he was criticizing Sweden's immigration policy (correctly) which would offend Sweds but that wouldn't make it a **** up. Obviously Sweden feels the same about our immigration policy since they don't adopt it.

This is why everyone is tuning out the left and it sucks because their will be times when Trump should be greatly criticized and it will be delegitimized because of pathetic whining like this.

Space Ghost likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's clear the answer is they watch too much cable news which is a bane on society. Cable news is the reason everyone is less informed than ever before. Cable news needs to die.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Are you f****in kidding me? At this point I honestly don't know whether you are heavily autistic/mentally disabled or just acting.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Blame cable news, but not incompetent buffoon Trump who has so little respect for the American people that he has no issues lying and overall saying anything whether it has been verified or not?

7. tallanvor

so your proof that this is a massive **** and foreign relations nightmare is that a Swedish politician who hasn't held any office in 3 years tweeted a retort? just want to be clear before we continue down this path. Any legislation suggested by Sweden? are there even any comments from Sweden's elected representatives (which still wouldn't prove much)?

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Not just the past Prime Minister. Here's the Swedish Embassy:

9. tallanvor

did you read those tweets? they say they asked him what he meant. jesus christ man....... this is too much. im out to lunch.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Here's a more personal example of how a Trump lie can gain traction. Rapes in the tallanvor household are going under reported. If people in the tallanvor household didn't try and cover up tallanvor's rapes for the sake of hiding white Christian crime statistics, then my statement about under reported rapes in the tallanvor household would be proven right! But because no stats of any rapes happening in the tallanvor household have come to surface, there must be a cover up! SAD!

Nevertheless I'm going to talk to my buddy that runs a popular online opinion news site and have him run an article about tallanvor's household rapes. Then I'll copy/paste that article on the news site on my own private Twitter and Facebook account which has millions of subscribers. Those millions will share my posts and it'll spread like a wildfire. The next day I'll go on television and make a public statement with all the major news media outlets to quote me that you are a rapist. In a few hours they'll follow up the story and find it was all fabricated with the only corroborated information to it being that one opinion news site my buddy made a day earlier. MSM will clear your name of any wrong doing but by then the damage will have been done.

When the real facts are you're a law abiding citizen whose name I just slandered with baseless accusations I know I can't prove, but it's only because you hide your rapes. Not because you're actually a decent human being that would never violate another person. It's only because I can't prove it. Therefore I'm still right to accuse you even though I have no evidence to support my claim. But the only reason I don't have evidence is because there's a big conspiratorial cover up. Not because my statement could be grossly inaccurate and wrong. It's because the MSM is out to get me and cover up your crimes tallanvor. The MSM is out to get to me for exposing you. SAD! Why does our corrupt media not want to capture rapists?!?!?!?

11. tallanvor

Sweden is 2nd in the world in rapes per capita. if they are going under-reported, I didn't bring it up.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Acting prime minister enough for you?

http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/lofven-kommenterar-trumps-tweets-fran-den-gangna-helgen/

"We must all take responsibility for using facts correctly and for verifying any information we spread". This is as diplomatic as it gets, but think you'll understand the premise.

[​IMG]

So yes, Swedish officials are definitely calling out Trump and accuse him of spreading wrong information.

Your last comment is a bit worrying: "are there even any comments from Sweden's elected representatives (which still wouldn't prove much)?" You are denying that Sweden is offended and then say statements from their representatives wouldn't prove anything? That defies all logic and shows me you only accept the truth that you've created yourself.

13. NewRoxFan

You don't think its embarrassing that a foreign country has to tweet questions towards the United States government as to what the President was tweeting about their country? Especially when he is tweeting untruths about their country, all in the attempt to raise support for a immigration ban (currently held up in court) that the Swedish government doesn't believe is needed in their own country?

Sure... continue to blindly support everything Trump does. And yes, at least on this you are out to lunch.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's sad how stupid Trump supporters are in America. I've never seen this much idiocy before.

15. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Also FWIW while I disagree with you a lot on your political stances, I still respect you for sharing your viewpoints. Again for all I know you're a decent human being and I'm going with that. I do not want to slander your name in any way. It's just an example of how an unsubstantiated rumor disguised as facts can spread like a wildfire. And it's my understanding that Trump has accused Swedish law enforcement of covering up immigrant crime statistics to support his claim that immigrants increase crime rate when it does not appear to be true. Nevertheless he's running with that story because it suits his narrative. And millions of his followers believe his statements to be true despite the lack of substantiated evidence to support his claim. Even when the actual story is cleared up with facts, it's too late because the damage is already done. He's influenced millions of people's viewpoints that Swedish crime statistics are under reported despite no evidence to support such a claim.

16. NewRoxFan

Indeed, according to official statistics on file with The Swedish Crime Survey, the sexual violence rate in Sweden has remained about the same between 2005 and 2014. In fact, it actually decreased by .3 percent between 2013 and 2014. That said, the country has the highest rate of rape in Europe, a statistic that has been partially attributed to both Swedish law, wherein rape is given a wider definition than in other countries, as well as a higher tendency among women to report the crimes to the police.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/11/are-migrants-really-raping-swedish-women.html

Yung-T likes this.
  17. tallanvor

I think you and NewRoxFan are having the exact same issue. You think that providing harmless comments is some how proof foreign relations nightmare. If anything its disproving your position because this is such **** evidence. And of course its not issue because literally nobody on the planet was affected (but for some reason you are upset).

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

violent crimes has increased by 300% as well or are you claiming that's because of a change in the definition of violent crimes. IT makes your above claim very dubious.Also that above claim conveniently makes calculating any trend in rapes impossible.

#117 tallanvor, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You seem to not know anything about foreign affairs. Asking for "legislation" or more aggressive comments just shows how wrong you are looking at this, did you want to see cold war rhetorics or an unknown Swedish Erdogan clone suing Trump? Swedish officials are diplomatically asking Trump to explain his comments and then make a statement asking people to be responsible for their spread of wrong information and negative image of Sweden, do you really not understand the point of this?

But again, you showed your true colors with the ""are there even any comments from Sweden's elected representatives (which still wouldn't prove much)?"" line, utterly ridiculous how you ask for evidence and at the same time state that evidence doesn't mean anything to you.

I've seen it in every thread, you're completely dishonest and don't care one bit about having an actual discussion, everything is twisted to your narrative and actual facts are not replied to in adequate manner. Done with this nonsense.

19. tallanvor

A 'foreign affairs mistake' should manifest itself in some way, otherwise why would anyone care? You have yet to explain how it did/will and if anything have hurt your position (which was ridiculous to begin with). Pointing out how Sweden's immigration policy has hurt Sweden while making an argument on immigration policy is completely reasonable. People who support Sweden's immigration policy will obviously disagree (such as the Swedish Prime Minister). It hardly constitutes a foreign affairs nightmare. Just out of curiosity, where did you rank the time the United states gave guns to the Mexican Cartels which they used to kill at least 150 Mexicans? massive **** up? higher or lower then the time trump criticized Swedish immigration policy?

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ahh there you go again, bringing in something unrelated that doesn't have anything to do with the topic.

In the words of Trump: SAD!

Don't even know how you can keep up with this for such a long time, it's hilarious to see you bending in such massive ways to defend everything Trump has been doing.
    But yeah, you actually don't like Trump, how could I forget.