1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do lunch pail Evangelical Christians have lower moral standards for the Presidency?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 16, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I have to find a poll but I think it was in regards to drone strikes and their approval under different adminstrations along party lines. Democrats showed disapproval under both Obama and Bush while Republicans showed disapproval for done strikes under Obama but not under Bush.

I believe there are multiple examples of these.

Democrats want to fall in love with their candidate while Republicans fall in line.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

God you are to partisan and really have a 2d view of people. Anyone willing to call themselves a Dem or Rep falls in line. Both are idiot enough to join those parties.

3. fchowd0311

Amazing nuance. You've convinced me.

Just to be clear the GOP voted in a man who literally said:

"I Could Stand In the Middle Of Fifth Avenue And Shoot Somebody And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters"

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Good for the GOP lemmings?

5. fchowd0311

Dude, you come here and espouse 98% of Trump's rhetoric and defend him 99% of the time.

You can't have it both ways. You can't defend him at every corner and then pretend you aren't a Trump nut rider.

#25 fchowd0311, Jun 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When will fchow0311 stop regurgitating Trump's rhetoric and get off his nuts?

Nook, dachuda86 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Trump is wayyy better person than Noah's account mentioned in the Bible

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A friend's dad became a hardcore evangelical (and Trump supporter) and checks all the boxes: raging alcoholic, terrible distant father, divorced 3 times, 2 bankruptcies, stole 30 grand from his son while acting as his financial negotiator for a injury settlement, etc. Now he has been forgiven by god and only god can judge him -- comically arrogant about his relationship with the Lord.

B-Bob, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm not a blind party supporters nor a mouth piece for Trump. I just find most attacks on him uncalled for. Stop acting like everyone has to fit your simple minded little boxes you have created to impose on people you don't like.

BruceAndre likes this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I cheer for the flood.

11. jcf

jcf Member

Well, actually, a lot of the posts are making wide sweeping generalizations about an entire group of people and at least indicating it applies to all.
    Try: They're all full of crap or any of Sweet Lou's posts.

But thanks for teaching me about the use of polling data. :rolleyes:

Others on this board have tried to use "data" to make wide sweeping generalizations about people that I, and I assume you, find offensive.

You ok with this?

dachuda86 likes this.
  12. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

When was the last time you saw anyone with a lunch pail?

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyday at work.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

facts are negative propaganda?

Oh wait. I forgot who was president.

Something the president does via twitter on a daily basis for years and years and years?

Why can't it matter when it was held. The question was asked now. Today. And today, the allegedly religious right doesn't think the person with the most powerful job in the world needs basic morals and ethics. Yes, the question would've had different results in the 1990's. That doesn't change the fact that people that consider themselves to be godly hold the most powerful person in the world to a standard way lower than any of us thought possible right now.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. biff17

biff17 Member

Says the dude running with the creepy Joe narrative.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Your right to an extent. That is not absolute though. I read people argue on here about certain things, and the roles would switch completely if it were the other party. It's absolutely pathetic. And crazy to me that they don't see it.

As I said it's not absolute though. There are people that can look at things with out that clouding their vision on every single thing.

17. fchowd0311

It's definitely not equal on "both sides". I've seen Obama face more criticism in terms of his foreign policy and his lack of fighting spirit for a Medicare for all program when he had both the House and Senate by liberals. You don't see any where near the introspection of why they support who they support amongst GOP voters. I mean they literally voted in a guy who explicitly stated that he wouldn't lose supporters if he shot someone in the middle of fifth avenue. Probably the most truthful statement the man has ever made.

Look at how respective Democrat and Republican voters percieve their candidate in the general election. There is definitely a cult of personality with Trump. I've not met one person in real life who LOVES Hillary Clinton. They just tolerate her.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fundies and Evangelicals think the End Times is near and the Holy Wars between demons and angels are present and forthcoming.

In that way, they are prepared for war...whether it be against libs, jihadists, rapist/murderer-looking immigrants, heretics, atheists, SJW, and/or apostates... and they have a (very human) wartime mindset of following the "strongest" leader.

It doesn't help that preachers and deacons find more relevance, profit, and prestige broadcasting the same mindset right wing shock jocks have profited from.

Fear and violence to/from others is more motivating than works of the heart.

God is Love is now a slogan and a call to arms.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You're creepy if you think he's normal. Keep your hands off kids and don't fondle or caress them. Simple enough.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'll have to remember that facts can't be used as propaganda the next time someone arbitrarily posts violent crime statistics.

jcf likes this.