1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why blacks don't seem to care about other major issues in the black community

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 23, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The problem with black people are more about black men.

Black women actually do very well in our absence in our homes

One of my issues on Facebook is black women not speaking up about our internal problems because there is a clear lack of available black men that bothers black women.

So im like if you want more available black men you need to challenge black men to be more responsible.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You think you're the norm or the exception? Cmon man, you're dancing around the issue.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good lord. You are well and truly an idiot, with all due respect. We are all victims here. Victims of the crap you regurgitate over and over again from the fringe websites you obviously frequent.

dobro1229 and R0ckets03 like this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

To be fair, that is a fact Jack. I would say that is a big problem in the african american communities.

Poverty probably being numero uno.

Why the insult when he brought to light information that is correct?

#44 tmacfor35, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Now I do agree with this.....but I’d take it a step further. It isn’t so much black men as it is AA men (even then the majority aren’t violent).

I don’t have any hard numbers to back this up but from my experience when a black person in this country grows up without a father that father was typically AA. That is going to be skewed because the overwhelming majority of black people in this country are AA.

I will say that I don’t see this same level of absentee father’s on my West Indian side. Even the ones who are involved in criminal activities don’t generally run away from parental responsibilities.

Again, I don’t have any hard data to back this up just what I’ve seen in my family. I would have to say that these issues aren’t a problem for black people as a whole but a problem for a specific group within a specific ethic group

pgabriel likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The ignorance on this subject is astounding and full of willful naivety. Jobs and education is the black communities biggest hurdle? Wrong, that is a problem for everyone in poverty, not just blacks. The reality is poverty can not be fixed over night. Nor will the education aspect. Regardless of color/label, if one can not function beyond a high school level of expectation, college education will not help them. The reality is many people in poverty lack basic skill sets learned way back in grammar school.

One poster here once mentioned a huge problem for blacks is the bottom/worst percentage are way too often over representative of the rest of the black population and I find this very true.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

But wouldn't those lack of skills be more trained had they had another adult figure in their life? Poverty is the real issue absolutely, but I think your point your making does tie in to what he said.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Thats interesting because i have come to believe the issue goes back hundreds of years and its a deep cultural issue about men of African decent raising kids or even community leaderships.

Ive thought about this since a discussion in an African studies class 20 years ago

#48 pgabriel, Sep 24, 2017
  9. Exiled

Exiled Member

I think even simpler quest can be a challenge

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If anything, I would say it supports the family issue. That said, I also feel its more about the culture.

At the end of the day, its all about being responsible for ones actions. A parent should be there for their child because they love them and want the best for them, not because society deems it so. Just like a person shouldnt engage in violence or criminal activity not because of the punishment, but because its wrong to offend that person. And while black people are more likely to be profiled, that does not give them the excuse for being caught doing the crime.

I also distance myself from people engaging in illegal activity. I spent my teenage years in Friendswood..almost 20 years ago. I knew a lot of people smoked pot. I knew it was largely harmless. I also knew the cops at the time were very vigilant about busting people for pot and they loved to profile the high school and college kids. A person needs to use a little common sense sometimes.

11. amaru

amaru Member

I’d have to disagree. The vast majority of men of African descent do lead and raise their children.

Even in the AA community two parents households were the norm until the baby boomer generation started having children.

FranchiseBlade and pgabriel like this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My point is being born out of wedlock does not mean that you are from a single parent home. Many people don't get married or get married after having children.
    It's not just me, it's my whole family and many friends. The average age of someone having a first child is younger then the average age a women is first married in the US, which means many if not most Americans are born out of wedlock, and it's been that way for decades.

pgabriel likes this.
  13. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I don't understand the bold section above?

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Wow. Okay, I guess if it works for you. :/ Do you think you can be there for your kid and the other kids you 'produce' from knocking up other chicks out of wedlock? Be there for them to help with homework, to help with questions they have about life, to be there to help the mom when she's fed up with little kids doing crazy stuff? To help make daily decisions that shape their lives? While financially helping them out...Oh and hanging with your boys whenever you want so you can go out and knock up other chicks? Taking time to stay and shape and look good while also working on a career as well? Okay, yeah, I'm sure that'll be no problem for you and your 'whole family' to do....Good luck to you, I'm sure it'll be much easier, than a single family. Oh and I'm sure the women you're with really appreciate you knocking them up and not marrying them. Sorry for the sarcasm, but that's just crappy to treat them that way...but that's me.

Again, cmon man, do you really believe what you just said to me? Really? Is this way of thinking really ingrained in black culture so deeply?

#54 Severe Rockets Fan, Sep 24, 2017
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

U.S. figure is 40.3% (2015) according to the CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/unmarried/unmarried.htm

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  16. edwardc

edwardc Member

I have a questions for you and others that feel that way
    1 did you grow up in a black community
    2 have you ever been harasses by the cop in a black community
    3 all black people aren't democrates

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't even know where to start with all of this nonsense.

Instead of insulting you, which I should do with all the offensive **** you wrote, I will instead tell you what my, and most of my family's experience is with having children out of wedlock.

We find a relationship, we live together, we have children, we get married later on when we can better afford it (because its a luxury not a necessity) That's largely been the case with most of my family, almost all of the kids were born out of wedlock.

Evil isn't it? Again, marriage is purely a religious / cultural thing that has nothing to do with ones ability to build a relationship with their partner nor parent children. I'm sorry you don't know any better, please do not reply to me again with any of the stupid **** you were spewing in the post above.

18. Severe Rockets Fan

Again, do you think your situation is the norm or the exception? You never answered that the first time so I made an assumption since you avoided the question. Cmon man, seriously, quit dancing around the question. Do you think everyone that has kids out of wedlock does it simply because they refuse to get married, because they 'can't afford it' and are completely dedicated to their mate? Especially as a teenager? Seriously...no BS now...the previous poster already showed that MOST kids are not born out of wedlock...but you're trying to say the ones that are is just 'how things are' now a days? Gimme a break.

19. marky :)

marky :) Member

Looking at posts on twitter + knowing some black people = deep understanding of black issues in America. I can see that logic.

20. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You OBVIOUSLY never been to a ghetto. Just because it is majority black, doesn't mean is ghetto. Wouldn't expect nothing less from you.