1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Aren't Countries Sharing Covid Vaccine Information (China Hacking US Vaccine Research)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 22, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

2. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Because companies, not countries, R&D it. :D

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pgabriel likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

RayRay10 and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

tinman likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My bad. I didn't really read the story. I saw it on television and posted an article but I thought they were trying to hack the government not individual companies

tinman likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much this. National prestige and money.

That said there is a lot of international cooperation on developing and ultimately distributing a new vaccine. Ironically being coordinated through organizations like WHO that the US government has pulled out of.
    https://www.gavi.org/covid19

tinman likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

does this mean I have to throw away my Huwawei phone?

Oh I don't have one cause those phones suck

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It was naive to believe the initial reports that there was this massive sharing of information and how the world was working together. Everyone is jocking for position to have the first vaccine so their nationally owned company can making billions upon billions.

All the while the world is burning, and the economy further collapses every day we don't have solutions for solving this global pandemic.

I think of the movie Arrival quite a bit when it comes to the world dealing with Covid. There's no Amy Adams character with special alien given abilities to bridge the divide with China and the rest of the world to bring everyone to their senses.

Pretty sad we are at this point, and instead of literally saving the world, everyone is only thinking of profits for a drug company.... after hundreds of thousands die, and billions suffer the economic devastation.