1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are the Warriors so unlikable?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sajan, Apr 16, 2019.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Because they are punk ass b****es?

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Many NBA stars are divas. Many stars were entitled kids growing up. Many stars are cocky. All the stars make millions. Many stars love the limelight. Many stars don't want anyone overshadowing their spotlight. Many stars do little things to get the crowd roaring. Many stars can't be touched without drawing a foul, but don't get the fouls called on them. Most people don't want to see the same team win year after year. Many teams have dirty players.

OK, so why is GSW so hated for me? All the above describe GSW. But, there are lots of extra toppings on that cake of disgust for me. The cherry on top of that cake for me is the disgusting mouthpiece hanging habit of Curry. It is as gross to me as seeing a kid picking his nose and eating the boogers. That nasty, annoying habit along with his smug arrogant smirks just rub me the wrong way. Add Smug faced Kerr, Dirty Donkey Green, and the rest of that bunch who seem to have the refs and NBA laying a red carpet for them all year long and I just can't stand them. I could go on and on but won't. The list is too long to bother with.

#42 deb4rockets, Apr 18, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Mr.Scary likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I feel the same way, and hated the Lakers for those same reasons too!!!!! It's like the refs and people in power put golden bubbles around shirt chewing Kobe and mouthpiece chewing Curry. An unfair edge was always handed to them on a plate of gold by those in power.

Easy likes this.
  4. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Houston and the Bay Area are diametrically opposed.

One earns their keep.
    The other expects others to feed them.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

With me, it's probably 95% Durant.

I naturally try to find the good in people. I appreciate Curry being a good family man. I appreciate Green taking down that idiotic reporter a few years ago who kept asking about the Houston floods. But Durant....I can't even think of anything I like about that guy. Nothing.

And their fair-weather fans. Yeah, I'm sure all these people from other cities sporting Warriors gear have been life-long fans ever since the days of Run TMC......

I also don't like the way their style has changed the game. Jacking up 50 3-pointers a game and all. But that would have probably happened without them. And I can't say the Rockets aren't currently benefiting from it, so....

MD_in_Training likes this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

oh snap

I think it has something to do with Curry and Klay being the sons of NBA players. They were raised being told that they're god's gift to humanity. They have no idea what it's like to struggle in life.

Add Steve Kerr, the most arrogant coach in the league behind Phil Jackson, a mouth-breathing goon, and an MVP who was afraid of his own greatness, and you get a bunch of fragile guys who dance in the faces of everyone they beat, but cry injustice when it's flipped on them.

The only reason the NBA playoffs are watchable with this team in it is just the hope that someone will beat them.

The sooner this team dissolves, the better for sports in general.

ima_drummer2k and RocketsFan247 like this.
  7. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

[​IMG]
    In what DB universe does one spirit bomb make super saiyans of everyone else? Keep dreamin.
    [​IMG]
    Just look at their coach and how he dances. Not the image of one who's struggled for anything in life.
    [​IMG]
    Dude's reaction after an open layup. True story.
    [​IMG]
    Makes you want to do the same whenever he celebrates his one and only FG of the game.
    Seriously, is this a discussion? How can anyone - man or woman - root for a guy like this? The league officials actually had to justify this move as a natural basketball play just because we saw it at a high frequency.
    [​IMG]
    As if life couldn't be any harder, they have 3 refs on their side in any crucial moment or game.

There's a lot not to like.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It’s because they think they’re all of that

9. jcf

jcf Member

It is the combination of arrogance and insecurity that makes them so intolerable.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And why do they have their games scheduled so late? Haha

Also the LA games.

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Hatred of warriors due to Kerr getting glory for the building blocks laid by all-time great, Mark Jackson.

12. MD_in_Training

The Warriors have single handedly destroyed the NBA, imo. Regular season ratings slid big time, and there's even a bigger drop off in the playoffs thus far.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/04/nba-playoff-ratings-drop-tnt/

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/19/nba-playoffs-ratings-26-percent-decline/

Some of these numbers are significant drop offs - to the point where if Adam Silver isn't losing sleep, he would be an idiot. This kind of ratings collapse is more or less doomsday for the NBA. While the lack of Lebron may have a small impact on the ratings, I think the Warriors are a much bigger factor. Why watch at all when the results are all but guaranteed (in the minds of casuals)?

13. xaos

xaos Member

It's the Rockets responsibility to take them down. Tear them apart. Rip them to pieces.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Sajan

Sajan Member

And I bet it spikes during the finals so people can see someone attempt to take down the warriors...
    Regular season and opening round of the playoffs = predicted outcome.
    Most people are pretty sure warriors will be there...again.

15. MD_in_Training

Maybe it spikes, maybe not. Finals ratings have decreased every year since 2015.

I think the conclusion we can draw is that the Warriors are no good for ratings in general.

16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You don’t even have the option of being smug if you aren’t winning. You can’t compare them to the rest of the league, you can only compare them to other historically great teams.

I can definitely say they are by far the most annoying, insecure championship team I’ve personally been around for, roughly 20 years.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Entitled
    Hubris
    Cocky
    Smug

pippendagimp and mikol13 like this.
  18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

3CD8EAE4-928C-4248-9FF3-005EAC607E09.jpeg 689C6C77-CA8A-4606-8B6C-9116BB6393FC.jpeg Am I missing anything?

19. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

A lot of the reasons that have already been stated would simply be repeated by me on why I think the Warriors are very unlikeable. I will mention that although Steve Kerr is not one of my favorites, he is not afraid to stand up and say what is right when it comes to stupid stuff said by #45 POTUS. Plus, some of you guys don't know Kerr's backstory - tell me if you ever had a parent gunned down in cold blood by terrorists:

Kerr was born in Beirut, Lebanon to Malcolm H. Kerr, an American academic who specialized in the Middle East, and his wife, Ann (Zwicker).[2] He has three siblings.[3] His grandfather, Stanley Kerr, volunteered with the Near East Relief after the Armenian Genocide and rescued women and orphans in Aleppo and Marash before eventually settling in Beirut.[4] Kerr spent much of his childhood in Lebanon and other Middle Eastern countries. He attended Cairo American College in Egypt, the American Community School in Beirut, Lebanon, and Palisades High School (now Palisades Charter High School) in Los Angeles.

Malcolm Kerr was killed by members of the Shia Lebanese militia called Islamic Jihad on the morning of January 18, 1984 at the age of 52 while he was serving as president of the American University of Beirut.[5][6][7][8]He was shot twice in the back of his head, by gunmen using suppressed handguns, in the hallway outside his office.[3][6][7][8] Kerr was 18 years old at the time, and a college freshman;[5] regarding his father's death, he has said: "Before my father was killed, my life was impenetrable. Bad things happened to other people."[2] The Kerr family sued the Iranian government under the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996.[9] While warming up with the Arizona Wildcats for a game at arch-rival Arizona State in 1988, Kerr had to deal with many ASU Sun Devil fans in the crowd chanting "PLO" and "your father's history."[10][11] Though tearful, Kerr led the Wildcats to victory, scoring 20 points in the first half, making all six of his three-point attempts.[11] The athletic director of Arizona State, Charles Harris, sent a letter of apology to Kerr a few days later.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Kerr

As I said, I don't really like him but I have some mad respect for the guy for his views and his life off the court.

D-rock likes this.
  20. macan

macan Member

my hate rankings:
    top 1. curry, kerr and donkey
    2. kd
    3. rest of worriers