1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will benefit the most from this Harden/CP3 union?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockWest, Aug 18, 2017.

?

Who will benefit the most from this Harden/CP3 union?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2017.
  1. Anderson

4.2%
  2. Ariza

2.1%
  3. Anthony

11.9%
  4. Capela

56.6%
  5. Gordon

1.4%
  6. Harden

7.7%
  7. Tucker

0.7%
  8. Prince

1.4%
  9. Paul

7.0%
  10. Someone else

7.0%
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

2. OTMax

OTMax Member

Chris Paul will get all the room he needs to use his mid-range so I think him.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Capela will go from getting lobs from Bev to getting lobs from CP3. No contest really...

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Harden and Paul. That's obvious, at least to me. It's what has me excited about getting CP3. Since Harden has been here, he hasn't had a genuine partner in crime on the court who can play at his level. Now he does, and I think the impact will be huge, assuming luck with the "i" word. Dwight never fit well, in my opinion, and everyone else were supporting characters. That has changed. We should see a dynamism in the Rockets' offense and defense that we haven't seen in a long time, and it will lift the play of everyone. That's what I think, at any rate.

Can I vote for two players, or is it limited to one?

#25 Deckard, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    DonKnock, Fullcourt and Plowman like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I'm hoping that the Toyota Center atmosphere will get a big boost because of this Harden/CP3 union, fans need to be hype throughout the entire game and stop the place from sounding like a damn library at times

I'm also tired of all the empty seats at tip off when I go to games, but I guess I can't have it all so I'll just settle for a much louder home atmosphere...I want road teams to feel intimidated

True Rocket and Deckard like this.
  7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Capela is going to be a super stud with all the free lobs and easy dunks. Will be interesting to see how Morey handles Capela's free agency next summer. Are the Rockets willing to pay him market value around $20 million per season or trade him for more assets?

fattz likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He first has to get,over his terrible motor issue enough to to even play D'Andre minutes, much less keep,producing at 10mpg more

This is one of the most avoided subjects on the BBS. Guys like Capela and Nerlens Noel only play half the game at 24mpg. We keep,thinking he a real starter who can play 34 mpg like Jordan. He has given us zero evidence that he can, even after MDA made a big deal in preseason last year that they intend to increase his minutes after admitted to the media that Capela does have a motor problem at increased minutes.

I love Capela though. No hata. But many centers like him and Noel will never be able to match Jordan's stamina and energy per game, maintaining their high per 100 stats. They drop off with more minutes.

YOLO and DonKnock like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If we get Melo you will the change.

10. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

You have to pick which one benefit more =)

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

OK (rats!;) ), then I'll vote for James. He really, really needed what Chris is going to give him, both during games and in practice.

RockWest likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Name me one player who only plays half the game like Capela who signed a $20m contract recently, much less is worth it.. Nerlens Noel won't get it either. Has Noel even been offered anything yet this RFA?

Let's all remember: Capela only plays twenty four minutes per game. That's only half the game.

YOLO likes this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Capela and Gordon.

Gordon's gonna be raining dem 3'z. And Capela's gonna be on fiya dunkin.

16. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I'm going with Harden. Dude kept on improving year after year. It's time for Harden to elevate his game to a whole new level no one saw coming.
    I expect Harden to dip in RPG and APG, Minute Per Game, but greatly improve his scoring efficiency while putting more effort in defense.
    I don't know if he will get more shot attempts, but I expect him to score more points, hopefully his 3P% could get back to 39% level.
    His APG will drop due to less touches, but I think he will generate even more points per pass due to the increased quality of those passes.
    He will never be a true 2-way player, but he has the body and BBIQ, hopefully his defense will be average or even above average. Nobody talked about KD's defense until he joined Warriors where he didn't have to focus on offense so much.
    [​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I would say Melo, but he is not on the team yet. Capela or Gordon, but Capela wins

18. houtown

houtown Member

I Think people might be overthinking this, the problem might have to do with lil b, and until the situation is addressed, the rockets might just underachieve continuously, but still stay relevant for exiting early in the playoffs despite their regular season record at the time. They certainty have the cast to maybe continue this trend giving the possible roster and the reputation of that roster at the time.

19. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Capella's field goal percentage is gonna be like 85%

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's going to be damned high. Nene's should be, as well. Clint needs to improve his stamina and increase his minutes. Heypartner, somewhere, made some good comments about Clint's conditioning and how he's yet to be capable of consistency in putting in starter's minutes. We need 30+ minutes a game from Capela. Nene just needs to stay healthy. I have no worries where he's concerned, otherwise. He was very impressive last season. He surprised me. Nene might have grey in his beard, but in his heart, he's prime.

AroundTheWorld and eric.81 like this.