1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who should the Texans fire?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Astrodome, Jan 3, 2017.

?

Who should go?

1. BoB

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Rick Smith

51 vote(s)
    64.6%
  3. Both

24 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. Neither

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If you had to fire one before the playoff game.

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Before the game? No one. If they win - no one. If they lose - everyone needs to go.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Realistically speaking, George Godsey. We all know OB and Rick Smith aren't going anywhere, so hopefully they can add a better offensive mind into the fold to supplement Billy O.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

No one. You don't get to be back to back AFC South champions for being mediocre. Texans have a commitment to excellence. Proven winners despite glaring gaps at key positions.

ima_drummer2k and Hustle Town like this.
  5. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I think Rick Smith should definitely go, but at the same time, I feel like I have no clue who actually makes the final decisions in the organization. Does McNair have a say? Does Rick Smith delegate some free agent and draft decisions to BO'B? I have no idea. The team's organizational structure is a complete mess, and that starts with McNair.

MThere are two issues that I see: terrible play-calling on offense (Godsey or O'Brien to blame?) and terrible personnel on offense. The personnel problem is the result of terrible offensive line decisions in the offseason and poor drafting and FA decisions with the QB position.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I would rate this thread one star. Don't even put the person why we struggle to make it into playoffs, but probably going to lose so fast. Brock osweiler. I would fire this guy ass so fast, makes our previous medicore qbs look decent.

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not even close...Rick Smith. BO'B has delivered a competitive albeit not elite product on the field. Rick Smith continues to bungle drafts, occasionally hitting it big but mostly sucking when it comes to bringing in personnel. We've needed a QB since he was brought on...and we're still looking for one. He probably spends most of his time networking with Elway and that's how we end up with Osweiler instead of Bridgewater, Carr or Prescott.

Fire Rick Smith

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So instead of scrub, family drama that didn't want to be here, or scrub that looks good behind the best O line in recent NFL history who would look like crap here he took the best available FA on the market who didn't work out immediately? Fire everyone.

The Texans fanbase would have turned on Carr about 3 seconds into his career and been gunning for everyone's head, Bridgewater is a bust, and Dak wouldn't come with the O line that allows him to be successful....so maybe try to drum up some legitimate complaints, they exist.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

George Godsey.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Doesnt matter Brian, back to back AFC Champs, Brian.

Crashlanded19, J.R., T for 3 and 3 others like this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

If Bill continues to use his lame duck offense during the playoffs, he should get the boot. If Bill doesn't show any flashes it's clear he shouldn't be running the show. Bill = McHale.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Defense is great. OBie gets no credit.

Offense sux. OBie gets all the credit.

This forum is the absolute ****, the week after a loss.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's basically sports talk radio quality nonsense which makes it about a hair above Chron quality comments. IMO it's actually worse after victories given that the same people still b**** and moan but with even less reason to do so.

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

This is true, and just imagine how bad it will get if the Cowboys win the SB in Houston this year. Scary times.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, I'm still expecting that house of cards to fall. That O line has taken them really far, but as defenses step it up in the playoffs I think they'll struggle. That said, if that did happen, it might make some "Texans fans" stop pretending to be Texans fans, and that would be a cool thing.

Always look for the positive.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The offense has sucked during wins.

RAC deserves the credit in the wins and losses.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Meh, I would never support a Dallas team. I was born in H-Town, but raised in Metairie, LA. So, the Texans and Saints are my teams and always will be. Dude is just kinda sorta disappointed in both of them at the moment but at least the Texans made the playoffs. Hopefully they can make some noise but the current state of affairs isn't looking too good. I do admire your optimism though, Bobby and wish you could pour me a glass of it.

alethios likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Did you forget your own complaining about BoB and saying he needed to be fired?

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The "why" is more important than the "what" when it comes to that type of thing. For example, a person can say that the Patriots are favorites to win the AFC due to having the best team and that's a fairly valid statement then another person can say that the Patriots are favorites to win the AFC due to having the best fans in football and that's just moronic BS.

20. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

LOL