1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Scored the Most Points

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by akash22, Jul 3, 2020.

1. akash22

akash22 Member

Who scored the Most Points in the NBA since 1980? Check out this Animated Bar Chart Race I created - see what surprises come up.

2. akash22

akash22 Member

And if you are interested in seeing more - check out these links or subscribe to my YouTube channel...

Most Blocks

Most Assists

Most 3 Pointers Made

Most Turnovers

Most Rebounds

Easy, JumpMan and stilldr34amin' like this.
  3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

wow, this was great. i was expecting year by year, not broken down to this level of granularity. i thought bird would have had the lead in scoring before jordan took over but i overestimated him. dominique was impressive.

also, almost every chart just basically stops moving in the early 2000's. i know movement is tougher once the total careers from the previous 20 years have been completed and only true greats can break in to the top 10, but it's like the '84 and '85 drafts faded and then nothing happened again until the mid-90's guys started accumulating stats in the late 2000's.

Easy likes this.
  4. stilldr34amin'

Good stuff, thanks for sharing! Got one on steals coming up?

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I've always wondered why Shaq didn't get more blocks.

6. akash22

akash22 Member

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

These start in 1980 - so you won’t see the first couple of years of stats for Larry Bird (and Magic).

Sorry but I don’t have one for steals. I’m trying to get some different topics and create other types of visuals. Let me know if y’all have any ideas/suggestions. Thanks!

stilldr34amin' likes this.