1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who radicalized Cruz?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Well, I certainly am anit-fascist. Aren't you?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm fine keeping an eye on them as some kind of low-level potential threat. They protest in violent ways that are not the best way to accomplish anything.

The idea that they wear masks doesn't make either the Klan or Antifa terrorists. It is their actions alone which do that. The actions of the Klan are far worse than the actions of Antifa. They are not equally bad.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Are you an ant-fascist using the definitions that Antifa use? Do you believe that capitalism is inherently fascist thus anyone who supports capitalism is inherently fascist?

If not, you wouldn't be considered an "anti-fascist" by Antifa types, you'd be considered a fascist.

cml750 likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

B-Bob....you are a student of Germany circa the 1930's. Does Antifa's tactics remind you of any particular group from that time? They do to me...

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Amazing. This thread spends most of its time talking about antifa
    but
    No one will touch the root of what the question is being asked

WHITE NATIONALIST AND WHITE SUPREMIST WHICH ARE NOTHING MORE THAN THE KKK WITH BETTER P.R.
    RADICALIZED CRUZ . . . PERIOD . . . . and DYLANN ROOF . . .. . . PERIOD

Historically terrorist groups with new names recruited and radicalized another mass murderer . .. PERIOD

but carry on with your false equivalences and disinformation
    Until you can post a picture of Antifa hanging a person . . killing someone . . . your 'proof is trash'

Destruction of property <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< MASS MURDER . . . . .. .
    But
    If those two things are equal to you . . . .well . . you are what we think you are

Rocket River

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I see very few similarities. There are some such as they are both comprised of humans who partake in political rallies. But the similarities pretty much end there.

It's interesting that in this thread where we are talking about groups that believe in white nationalism and white supremacy, it's Antifa that you associate with the rise of the Nazi party in 1930s Germany.

The other groups actually espouse similar beliefs about race, racial identity and nationalism.

8. TheresTheDagger

Uh huh...

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

So you agree that they aren't similar? Let's assume that the image you posted is actually real. I wouldn't agree with lumping folks of any race together, but it still isn't like the Nazi party of Germany in the 30's. They are attacking the majority power structure whereas the Nazis were attacking minority groups who didn't have a stranglehold on power.

That being said the sign, message, and methods it contains certainly aren't cool.

10. Buck Turgidson

Uh, I think we can all say that is terrible stuff. Nazi stuff is terrible. Hammers and Sickles are terrible.

OK, now what?

11. TheresTheDagger

I'm not so sure that some in this thread (even now) are convinced that Antifa and many of its followers believe in violence and racism....so saying "I think we can all say that is terrible stuff" isn't necessarily true. I see downplaying and accusations of false equivalency here. That's troubling.

On my part, I can UNEQUIVOCALLY state that alt right/Nazi/white supremecist/KKK types are scum and do believe in violence and racism.

As to the now what portion? Denounce all these type of organizations equally and forcefully. Give them no place in our society.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Hopefully... people will view cruz as an a radical anti-American willing to overturn an election to keep a "republican" in power...

mdrowe00, seemoreroyals and Xerobull like this.
  13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not who.....what

mdrowe00 likes this.
  14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Cruz, Paxton and all of the Republicans are just butt hurt because they feel that too many "Negroes" were allowed to vote for Biden.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This thread is not about Ted Cruz but the racist, MAGA mass murderer Nikolas Cruz. o_O