1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who radicalized Cruz?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 16, 2018.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't. What was he diagnosed with? And congrats on your doctorate in psychiatry. Didn't even know you obtained one. Good for you. Sorry for calling a high school graduate all this time.

edwardc likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, how many antifa sympathizers do we have here?

cml750 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

How many gullible individuals do we have here that assume every meme in regards to Antifa they come across online in their click bait news sites and social media feed is accurate?

5. Buck Turgidson

Three.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The D&D has always been dominated by the fringe left and ever since losing the last presidential election that group has been ridiculously unstable so I'd imagine we have quite a few of them.

cml750 likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You're the one who is raging his attack was inspired by his racist behavior. Do you know how idiotic you come across? Cruz, a North/Central/South American killed 16 North/Central/South American kids and one of Asian decent. No blacks. No middle easterns. probably no muslims.

You then claimed the racist chat inspired him to commit these acts, despite me showing you evidence to the contrary.

Then you ramble on to indirect references to Trump. (Because all young adult school shooters were inspired by Trump, even 20 years ago)

Next you ramble on about kids of African decent, which absolutely has nothing to do with the convo.

Then you completely disregard that perhaps Cruz was a trouble youth rejected by his peers. Shooting up your own high school is a clear directive of someone who has a serious issue with his peers.

Since you're looking for a racial boogie man (and you have a serious contention with racial issues judging from your previous posts), Dylann Roof is your guy.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think the news about the bike lock dude was accurate. I don't think Antifa's behavior in Charlottesville was super. They aren't against violence.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

There are no indications in the group chat that any member, including Cruz, is or was part of a white nationalist or white supremacist group.

10. fchowd0311

This is equivalent of starting that a Muslim terrorist who had no formal interaction with a Islamic terrorist group who committed a lone wolf attack was never indoctrinated by tools such as the interent .

Cruz was radicalized online JUST like Islamic extremists.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he was. I will admit that I am not confident enough to make that assumption at this point.

12. fchowd0311

I mean we do have his posting history and photos of him. So if you genuinely tried to look or listen to the posters you automatically dismiss all the time, maybe you.could make some form of a conclusion .

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Are you 100% sure he is a Trump supporter because of his cap?

14. fchowd0311

Well unless he wore a MAGA hat in a facetious manner, ya?

15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I have no doubt he is a Trump supporter. In the scheme of things, grand or not, what does it matter?

Dylann Roof attacked a church full of black people and intentionally attacked black people. His crime was racially motivated.

Cruz attacked a school and killed people indiscriminately, with all but one being of 'white' decent. Maybe Cruz secretly hated white people? Or maybe race had very little to do with it. Maybe Nike had to do with it since he owned a shirt with a Nike logo.

Some posters just want to find the racial boogie man in everything.

cml750 likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No raging, never used the word inspired. I repeated the word influenced which was introduced by another poster. In fact I made like 6 posts about the false equivalency between Antifa and Nazis and somehow you've turned this into Cruz wasn't influenced by white supremacists.

Brown kids are of African decent? Mkay. Your hypocrisy has everything to do with the convo. The next time I see you in some Muslim terrorism thread pushing the idea that kindness could have prevented a mass murder will be the first.

I think it's quite appropriate of you to go on about how my pointing out that Cruz uses racial slurs in a white supremacist chat room prior to murdering 17 people constitutes me looking for a racial boogieman. That's great.

You're rambling on like a fool so I'm going to let you finish.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They know that, they are trying to win a propaganda war. Same way the Nazis claimed they were the victims of left extremists. This game is straight out of that playbook.

18. TheresTheDagger

Not a big Antifa fan. Just willing to look the other way when it concerns them and downplay what they are.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I can agree with what you said about kindness.

My son is a good looking kid, outgoing, and athletic. He will never have a problem making friends etc. I have taught him and talk to him every 4-6 months about NEVER picking on other kids. He can stop someone from being bullied if he wants. But he knows if his dad hears that he is doing it, that's really good way to piss me off.

cml750 likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Aww, look at him strawmanning a would-be enemy. Cute. I'm your neighbor, a fellow American.

I've seen first hand aftermath of their clashes w the extreme right. Talk to me when you've walked through the broken glass. Have you experienced any of the untold horrors of Antifa outside of Fox broadcasts? Here's the bottom line: they are not after anyone but literal fascists, (like, new Nazis basically). The white nationalists, by contrast, are after Americans that aren't some idealized notion of white. Americans with color in their skin, Jews, legal immigrants: all a problem for them. That's who they want to intimidate.

I see a big big difference, but I don't take in much conservative media, so I may miss the most hyperbolic and carefully-edited acts of Antifa. I am very confident they have some major idiots in their ranks. But they are NO threat to our democracy.