1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which running backs do you like best, and who would you like to see more of in preseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Aug 10, 2017.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm really excited about Ervin actually I think BOB sees him as his version of like a Danny Woodhead. I think you will see Ervin play WR in 5 wide sets which gives us another opportunity to exploit certain players...

I like Blue and wish him all the best but honestly I like the big play potential of the other guys especially when Foreman looks like he can takeover the short yardage and you can always find special teams players and he can't be that much of a difference maker on ST since we suck at ST lol

deb4rockets likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love Blue, but we definitely need another CB!!!! They didn't look good last night.

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I don't think it's crazy. I'm not convinced either.

justtxyank likes this.
  4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Miller and Foreman make a good combo. Foreman is power and runs up the middle. Miller is the speed for the edge runs. Problem is BOB prefers to send Miller up the middle, completely negating Miller's strength. Ervin is a specialty and would be good for passing if his hands were better. Probably keep Blue for insurance.

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's only a matter of time before Foreman is the starter - Miller is a stud but is criminally misused. From a fantasy perspective people who took Miller in the 3rd are hating life.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. solid

solid Contributing Member

With Foreman, BOB will likely start using Miller differently.

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

As a 3rd down back.

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Lamar Miller
    Alfred Blue
    D'Onta Foreman
    Dare Ogunbowale

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You'd think with Blue, BOB would start using Miller differently, so I certainly can't assume that he'll figure it out now.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Maybe we can trade Miller, and get more help at what we are lacking at.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Miller will have huge year now that our passing game will garner a bit more attention. No way am I cutting our second best offensive weapon. Yall are crazy.

smitheygerard likes this.
  12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would see what we could get for Miller in trade. Probably not much though.

13. smitheygerard

smitheygerard Member

Everyone giving up on Miller already... smh

red5rocket likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I didn't say I was giving up on him, but we seem to have plenty of depth at the position, and I think what we could get for him might help us more. He had a decent year last year, so might bring trade options more than others. I have plenty of faith in Blue, Foreman, Ogunbowale, and the rest.

15. HstnSprtsFan101

Lamar Miller is no doubt a top 10 talent at RB in this league. Him & Foreman should be a great 1-2 punch. With that being said, Foreman needs to get his carries. You don't spend a 3rd rd pick on a RB this day and age without big plans for the guy. Lamar also is better off not getting as many carries as he did last year. Blue has had his opportunity and is a below average back, I'm fine with him being on the team for ST's but I hope BOB doesn't hold D'onta back.

red5rocket and deb4rockets like this.
  16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Blue looks better this year, so I wouldn't be too quick to judge. He has really worked on strength and flexibility training, and is making nice moves. His yards per carry is good. Yes, I like the idea of the punch of Foreman and Miller, but just think we are weak in secondary, and thought maybe Miller could make a nice trade for someone to help us in other areas we are weak in. I can't help think Foreman, Blue, and the rest would be strong enough to make our running game good without Miller. Not discounting his ability at all. I just think we have a weak secondary, and could use an impact player to fill a weak hole in pass coverage.

#36 deb4rockets, Aug 22, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

You mean with this preseason's Blue or previous years' Blue? Prior to these last 2 preseason games, Blue hadn't done anything to dictate how BoB used Miller IMO.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The problem with Miller is we just run him right up the middle.

19. HstnSprtsFan101

Blue has looked better this preseason but he does every preseason. I mean he can get the yards that are there but not much more. Miller and Foreman have big run potential. Yeah the runs straight up the middle with Miller have to stop, some of that has to be on Miller tho. It's like he's not patient enough and just runs into the back of the line. I've never seen him hit a cut back lane either, watching some Arian Foster film may help him.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Blue has always been better at running up the middle than Miller, it's just more pronounced thus far in preseason.

deb4rockets likes this.