1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which running backs do you like best, and who would you like to see more of in preseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Aug 10, 2017.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am really excited about our depth at running back this year. There is something special about all our guys, and honestly, I hate to see any of them get cut. They all have certain strengths, and for me it's hard to pick favorites. Blue looked great last night, and so did Foreman. I'd like to see more of Ogunbowale, because I have heard great things about him from training camp. I wish we could keep them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCheetah likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Foreman looks like the real deal

3. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Foreman is going to be great soon, and takes a starter position.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Blue ran hard last night so hopefully if he's feeling the pressure from Foreman.

Want to see Foreman running behind the 1st team OL and working on hand offs from Savage.

KingCheetah and deb4rockets like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm wondering what our depth chart will end up like when preseason is over. I have a feeling a couple guys might move up.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Miller, Foreman, Hunt,Blue/Ervin. In that order. i know Blue deserves a spot but man, has he got mundane. Hopefully we can pull a trade later on in camp for Ervin or Blue, but Id ride with Miller, Foreman, Hunt and one those 2.

deb4rockets and Red.Glare like this.
  7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Miller is the odd man out only because O'Brien won't call plays that favor his running style.

8. mightybosstone

As a UT alum, I loved Foreman in college, and he did nothing last night but reassure my confidence in him. That being said, there are a ton of quality backs on this roster who deserve snaps. Miller definitely has value, but I think his workload needs to decrease to make room for Foreman, and they need to find more creative ways to get him the ball on the edges and in open space. Blue is still a solid back worthy of getting 5-10 touches a game in different situations, and I like the speed and versatility that Hunt and Ervin provide.

Long-term, I think Foreman becomes the starter and Miller plays the role as the dangerous, situational guy who gets more work in passing downs with Blue and Hunt becoming backups.

9. texian

texian Member

Blue is so much more decisive than Miller has been. He's not all that talented physically, but he's making the most of what he's got.

Foreman really has to work on his pad level, which has always been an issue.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

ALL OF THEM!!!!!

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. Nimo

Nimo Member

But seriously can they trade Blue for a WR? Or a CB?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This will sound crazy, but I'd have a temptation to cut Lamar Miller. He is quick and stuff, but he does not hit the gaps with the right anticipation. He leaves so many yards on the field. I'm not convinced he's better than Akeem Hunt.

kgw and deb4rockets like this.
  13. donkeypunch

Id rather trade Ervin for something. At least Blue is a factor on special teams.

14. justtxyank

By all accounts Tyler will be the primary return man this year and has "looked great" at the Greenbriar.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No chance that can happen with Miller's contract situation. It's true that Blue and Foreman are much better for the style of running BOB prefers to do and he's wasting Lamar Miller by asking him to do what he's worst at and rarely doing what he's best at, but you've got him for at least one more year.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. donkeypunch

Yeah, well, there are a few other players that can return the ball imo. Blue is actually pretty good on defensive special teams.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Blue has more value now and is a free agent next year I believe.

18. donkeypunch

I could see that then. Ship his ass out. Get something for him. If this is the case, I hope Foremans foot is good for the whole year, as we would have no power back after.

19. justtxyank

Yeah. It's just so weird that he makes him run up the middle so much and then brings in someone else to bounce outside.

I heard someone on the radio this morning pointing out that we don't have a bread and butter play and that is so true. Under Kubiak we had that outside zone run that was deadly.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well if BOB doesn't figure it out this year and the offense gets worse yet again than it was the year before, his ass needs to be gone.....no matter what some of his apologists seem to think.

There's no one else to blame for bad play calling anymore.

red5rocket and deb4rockets like this.