1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Where to in Mexico can Americans move? 300 skulls found in drug-war graves in Veracruz state

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cohete Rojo, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

This is lovely. Nearly everyone in the world has (practically) both the ability and motivation to move to the US, but Americans have the ability and motivation to move to only a select several number of those countries from which people are immigrating to the US.

Is it fair to have such large numbers of illegal immigrants from such violent countries while Americans have no ability or motivation to reciprocate? Out of the two countries that the US has land borders with, only one of them is not a violent cesspool of corruption. That doesn't give Americans too many options.

And one more story about Veracruz:

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't understand your logic?

The nature of where you were born is pretty trivial and random and requires no skill. How is it hard for you to understand that some people who got the short end of the stick want to go to an objectively more safe and prosperous place for their family?

Why would an American want to move to Mexico? Who are you trying to argue? What point are you trying to make?

3. Cohete Rojo

Exactly what I asked.

4. fchowd0311

Why do you care? What point are you trying to prove? Do you believe slipping out of a vagina within the confines of the United States takes skill that should be praiseworthy or something?

WTF is your point?

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

where to in can move?

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Puerto Vallarta is great retirement place. Very touristic place, I'm thinking of buying some property there.

7. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Monterrey, Mexico. That's where all the corporate interests are. I just wish there was a damn direct flight from Austin but it gives me an excuse not to visit the in laws : )

8. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

So to recap, Cohete Rojo is mad that people from countries that aren't as nice as the United States are allowed to immigrate to the United States?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

I do not think geographic birthplace is a controlling factor for how violent or corrupt is an individual. Must one be born in Europe to study European philosophy (ethics, law, etc)? No. Must one be born in the "West" to have Western values? No

However, despite all of this, there are still places like Mexico, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc that are extraordinarily violent and corrupt. Is South Korea as violent and corrupt? No. Is New Zealand as violent and corrupt? No.

Again, nothing to do with where one is born.

You are fool of questions with no answers. Keep studying.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I just got back from there for spring break. Its just like Houston but dirtier. I don't understand how the Walmart, home depo, ... charge the same price for their items but pay the workers 3x less than American workers.

11. fchowd0311

I think so? It really is unclear.

12. fchowd0311

So what is your point?

Are you telling me my family should have never immigrated from a objectively worse country(Bangladesh)?

Seriously, just get to the point.

13. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Mexico tops the list of US expats abroad, by the way. Estimated between 750000 and 1 million of the 9 million US expats are in Mexico

Fool of questions?

14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Rojo, what is your point? Get to the point.

15. Major

Major Member

Apparently, people should only immigrate if equal numbers of people emigrate to the same country?

I assume, Coheto, that you believe all the Jews in Germany should have stayed there, yes? No fleeing violence is allowed unless equal numbers of people want to trade spaces?

Native Americans weren't allowed to emigrate to Europe, so should we also have prevented Europeans from immigrating here in the 1700's and 1800's?

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Then why are you mentioning these countries if it has nothing to do with being born there?

17. dmoneybangbang

Conservative drug policies cause this mess.

larsv8 likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

An answer is but another set of questions
    -Alejandro Jorge Trebek

Nook likes this.
  19. Cohete Rojo

Not at all what I said. Please read what I am posting. Thanks, Major.

20. Cohete Rojo

Mexico is not the only country with this kind of violence and corruption, and I would argue that in those other cases it has nothing to do with drug policies. I mean, let's look at Mexican history: were Poncho Villa's actions a consequence of drug policies?