1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you expect the Houston Rockets to be in the next 3 years?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 4, 2013.

?

What would you be happy with over the next three years?

1. Getting to playoffs

3.1%
  2. Getting to 2nd round

21.9%
  3. Getting to WCF

41.0%
  4. Finals

34.0%
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Morey has had 3 years post yao and finally I think we have a superstar.

What do you think the next 3 seasons hold in store? What would you consider success?

If we have the 14th pick for the next three years I would consider that terrible.

If we make the playoffs for the next three years I would say bad. Need to get out of the 1st round since more teams than not make the playoffs.

If we make the 2nd round I would think good. Even this will be tough. I think the key is to get a top 4 seed so we can avoid the good teams, but we need to get to at least the 2nd round.

If we get the CF I would say pretty good. The spurs, clippers, and thunder make this hard. I would think they spurs would start declining at some point, but I am not counting them out. I also think the lakers will be trouble despite their struggles. They might be old, but they have talent.

If we make the final I would be ecstatic. I think the thunder and clipper will probably be better than us despite any moves we make so I am not expecting us to get to the finals.

2. tested911

tested911 Member

Simple explanation from me..

If we do not acquire another legitimate 2nd tier star (Not even 1st) then we don't have a shot at winning the title (Maybe like 5-6%)

So playoff bound for us for the next 2-3 years. Not bad but not champion contending.

3. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I have the odd dual characteristics of being both easy to please and extremely pessimistic. So really, I think this team is at best second round fodder. But as long as they're not one-and-done every year I'm strangely okay with that.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Spurs will finally be on the decline by then I have to imagine, but the Thunder will have an even more improved Durant and Westbrook, making them a consistent WCF lock. Clippers will most likely still be around if CP3 stays elite and Blake Griffin keeps improving. Golden State will be good, though they're a constant injury riddled team, so you never know with them. Not sure Memphis will be anything special by then. And teams like the Hornets, Lakers, Nuggets figure to improve.

I think, realistically, I think the Rockets should be at least making the 2nd round on a consistent basis, while being in the conversation of making the WCF consistently as well. The West is simply too good and too deep to really *expect* anything more. The Thunder are the only team I can really say with confidence will be going to the WCF consistently.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I believe another significant player will end up here in the next year or so. I think the most likely reason will be the desire to play with Harden. I think sitting out and building assets until next trade deadline is the best route IMO. Maybe a player like a Deron Williams or Carmelo gets tired of their team and failing against the other teams in the East.

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Depends. Will we make a move at a legit superstar? Or will we settle at mediocrity by

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

....by signing someone Millsap or Graner. Hit enter too early. :(

1 person likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Still making excuses of why they couldn't do this, couldn't do that, blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

It'd sure be nice if they had a team by then and are contending for something(other than the 14th pick or 1st round exit).

9. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I voted finals, but it really depends if another superstar picks us.

If we can't get anyone with Harden, then deep playoff run would be really good with this young team.

If we get a CP3 or a Dwight or something, then Championship within 3 years seems reasonable to me.

10. CertifiedTroll

Speculation: The Rockets will still be in Houston in 3 years from now

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

at least 1 championship or bust.

12. New Generation

Being realistic, we'll get past the 2nd round, for sure. Everything beyond that is just hopes and dreams

13. teebone21

teebone21 Member

people voted nba champs????!!! wow homerism to high and i actually live here in the woodlands. Houston will be second round exit for years to come.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Getting another 14th pick

15. Windchime

Windchime Member

Depends on who we get to fill the 4 spot and/or if another superstar comes...

If none of that happen, probably playoff bound with little title hope.

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If Motiejūnas puts on 20 lbs of muscle and Terrance Jones learns the game, we are in great shape.

As much as I loved Royce White though, I don't think that's gonna ever work out.

17. muas2010

muas2010 Member

With the current players and same rotations....2nd round? Rockets need to give the other bench players more playing time....a deep bench is going to be critical in the long run.

18. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Western Conference 2nd best team because our second star gets injured 35% of the season, but we get hot late in the season and make it all the way to the finals for a 2-4 exit. We return the next year after adding solid vets to our team and win against the same team 4-2.

19. conquistador#11

on top of the world, chico.

1 person likes this.
  20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member