1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is more of a Problem for Blacks in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Aug 20, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The problem is racial even if you don't care cause you're doing okay. If you don't want the people affected by these problems to improve then fine

Just don't balked when people talk about these problems

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Now that a load of BS right there.

Deckard likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whenever Trump talks about Chicago I firmly believe he wants to see blacks there do better

The problems there don't benefit anyone

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No... Are you really that naive? Even a conservative leaning poster here would have to begrudgingly admit that whenever Trump brings up Chicago, it isn't from a motivation for genuine help but rather a counter talking point to groups like BLM. Everything now is at a place of partisan talking points. Nothing stems from a genuine desire to help.

That's why GOP politicians bring up Chicago. I mean you have to have child like naiveness to you if you think it's from a genuine area of concern to help the poor black children of Chicago.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

To solve the problems you first have to be honest

Chicago is getting worse than the nineties when violence was bad

The liberal idea of no addressing them out of courtesy doesn't solve anything

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What is Trump going to do? Nothing.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What happened man . . . . . . . Seriously . . . .
    You have changed alot . .. . almost a 180 . . . . .

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It does not sound far fetched at all

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  9. amaru

amaru Member

No it isn't a racial problem as 1) it affects a small amount of a large population and 2) not seen in other black groups.

I was simply poking holes in your flawed argument

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was expecting Tyler Perry as an option

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'm not saying he has the answers. I'm saying pointing out the problems isn't racist. Pointing them out is necessary

12. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

As an educated and successful black man that still lives in a black community, I'd just like to say **** this conversation. If you care and want to help make things better then come out here and do it. If not then don't. There's nothing to debate or discuss.

Furthermore, if you did care and if you were out here then you would know what the problems are that face our communities. No need to poll basketball fans on the internet.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Fine bro who gives about that 5% as long as you're not associated with them

Funny thing is the reason it seems ive changed is because I had the same issues

Let it gp

14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm "glad" this thread was started. It was essential for all of us to hear @Bobbythegreat's thoughts on the issues in the black community. Problem = Solved!

:rolleyes: SMDH...

That was sarcastic... just in case anyone didn't pick up on this.

15. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

******* that's a good post.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why discuss anything here

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course merely hearing the truth won't solve the problems of a poisonous sub-culture, something actually has to be done about it.

18. Fantasma Negro

Neither. Threads like this are a problem though. The biggest problem is just trying to live like a normal human being and people asking you to represent the race with dumb ass questions. Hang with the people you love, live your life. That's for all races

Nook likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly, many people in Chicago are perfectly fine with the status quo.

Black people largely live in areas that are overwhelmingly black. Upwards of 98-99% of these areas are black in Chicago. So when all the violent crimes are committed in Chicago, they are usually by black people in their own neighborhoods and against black people.

So, the majority of people in Chicago do not live in these areas, so they are largely insulated and avoid areas with a crime rate. This isn't unique to Chicago, this rationalization exists everywhere, it is just far more pronounced.

If anything it is institutional racism, long standing, but the reality is that most people do not want the people in these neighborhoods living next to them. I don't blame people for not wanting people from Garfield Park living next to them. Same with a number of other neighborhoods.

It is hard to argue against institutional racism playing a part.

The reality is that the violent crime rates for black American's is exponentially higher than other groups.

The last I checked HALF of all homicide victims in the USA were black. That is staggeringly high for a group that makes up 12-13% of the population in the United States.

Roughly 55% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated by black Americans. For a group that is 13% of the population, that is staggeringly high.

Politics aside, in the United States black on black crime IS a real problem.

As for the question of the thread............. I find it odd honestly. Every person, be they black or white, is an individual. It is hard to really look at the situation at a macro level and apply it at the micro level. I am not black, but my observation is that I think one of the hardest parts of being black in the United States is the general assumptions made by people based on being born black. I certainly have seen white people do it (really all groups) and even black people do it to other black people. A black person is expected to act and have characteristics and opinions within a narrow spectrum. That has to be very difficult and not remotely fair.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I effing knew this would be the exact post in this thread.

When did Pgabs turn into a 19 year old Facebook troll with a semester of political science?