1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is more of a Problem for Blacks in America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Aug 20, 2017.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Charlottesville or the black on black crime in Chicago

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Neither, it's institutionalized internal microaggression racism something

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

shitty schools and low skill labor disappearing. Our education system gives them nothing and they have no opportunity to learn on the job and work their way up.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The answer is the bigger problem is the reasons for the "black on black crime" in places like Chicago. Clearly there is something wrong with aspects of a sub-culture that is embraced by a large number in their community in that such a small percentage of the population of this country could end up committing more than half of the murders in this country. A poisonous sub-culture that leads to the perpetuation of poverty and violence for those who hail it as their own.

That's a MUCH bigger problem for black people in America than the 2-5% of the population that supports white nationalism or the KKK.

deadlybulb likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Black on black crime is not a thing. Crime in Chicago is a thing.

edwardc likes this.
  6. amaru

amaru Member

Neither.

We are far too diverse to have a singular problem outside of very general things like racism.

edwardc and JayGoogle like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This whole, there is no black on black crime nonsense foes not help anything

Its a refusal to admit a problem, classic denial

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Society taught them to be victims instead of taking responsibilities for their own lives

9. amaru

amaru Member

I disagree. I live in a neighborhood that is 95% black and the only shooting that happened here involved one of the few Caucasian households.

Then again we have highly successful people in here. The issues in Chicago are primarily socio economic

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How do you feel about "white on white" crime? it's for more pervasive in America than "black on black" crime.

let me guess: white on white crime is not a thing.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The murder rate among blacks is about 3x the national avg

12. amaru

amaru Member

Not sure how that relates to my neighborhood and the neighborhoods around me but ok.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What kind of question is that, and what is the point of starting a thread to ask this question?

Education quality and income equality would be the biggest issues I believe most African American leaders would point towards. Race inequality is institutionalized in this country, and its obvious.

Look at the opioid epidemic as an example. It was central to this previous campaign cycle for Republicans and Democrats, and we are looking at funding out the wazoo to help those communities in mostly white blue collar areas. Everyone in African American communities that have been there the past 30 years have to wonder where the government was during the crack epidemic. Those communities that have been hit in the mid-west are feeling what low income black areas have been dealing with for years.

Then there is the criminal justice system which has a long history of exploiting the black community. I'm sure more African American people fear the police than they do white supremacists with tiki torches.

eric.81, Hakeemtheking and DreamShook like this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's funny is that poor people always seem to find a way to blame other people for their bad life choices no matter what race the poor person is.

You didn't care about school and prioritized other stupid BS? Clearly the school system failed you. You decided to break the law and got busted and are having to deal with the consequences? Clearly the legal justice system failed you.

Far too many people enslave their own minds with this kind of BS, and IMO that's what needs to change.

mick fry likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

War on drugs.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whenever I discuss these problems on Facebook I get the same response.

I'm black I don't have these problems so they must not exist

Young black males go to jail at alarming rate. It does not matter if it didn't happen to you and I didn't start this thread to put anyone down

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black people have an overall crime rate three times the rest of the country

That makes it a black problem

The numbers aren't up for debate

#18 pgabriel, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Growing up in crappy, crime-infested neighborhoods without good schools and without good role models -- that's the biggest problem for black people born into such an environment. I don't think it's fair to expect them to pull their communities out of that situation without massive help from their fellow citizens. There is collective responsibility for it given the long, long history of systemic exploitation and discrimination.

I agree that is a much bigger issue than Neo-Nazi/KKK rallies. Though they aren't entirely independent issues. The normalization of overt racism impacts our collective will to seek out real solutions to the problems black people growing up in such neighborhoods face.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am starting to think that SamFisher's theory that someone else must have taken over pgabriel's account is not as far-fetched as I initially thought.

IBTL, Invisible Fan, Nook and 2 others like this.