1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What happened in Niger?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dc rock, Oct 19, 2017.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Whatever happened, you can bet the Pentagon is lying about it. They usually lie when something goes wrong.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Chad and the travel ban.

Chad is the leading country in Africa in fighting Islamic terrorism. When a country like France or the US has to do training or build a base in the region, it’s always in Chad. They heavily support the local towns in Niger and are often the eyes and ears to troops from the US and France.

So it was inexplicable when Trump named them back in late September as an addition to his revised ban, and it was not surprising that Chad felt disrespected enough to pull troops out starting the next week in Niger.

Trumps travel ban isn’t the only reason I’m sure, but pissing off the most cooperative neighboring country in the region that was operating IN NIGER in support of US and French troops unnecessarily put our troops in more danger.

https://af.reuters.com/article/africaTech/idAFKBN1CI0PF-OZATP

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What crappy strategy. It is entirely possible his idiotic actions are costing lives.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Inhofe says comparison to Benghazi "make me sick."
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/356380-inhofe-comparisons-to-benghazi-make-me-sick

I actually don't think it's a good comparison. I don't think Benghazi should have become a fake political football, and I don't think the events in Niger should either.

Now, all that said, what makes me sick is that someone as stupid as Inhofe can maintain a seat in our government and bring snowballs into chambers to argue against anthropogenic warming of the atmosphere and oceans.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

More comparable to the botched yemen raid based on poor intel and even worse leadership from the top down.

Sad.