1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do the republicans and the right stand for?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Sep 22, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, facts are so played. Maybe you should read that BS before you post it. I've obviously read more of it than you have. Or I suppose you could post a meme or a youtube video, maybe a cartoon too.

Maybe if a coal company dumped a bunch of toxic crap into the streams and rivers near your house because it was too expensive not to then you could experience some fake outrage about it. Dork.

HP3 likes this.
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Are you really ratting the guy out because he answered your question in detail?

mick fry and cml750 like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was going to say the same thing, kind of lame for OP to respond like that when the thread was inviting discourse, but on the other hand, that wasn't exactly an answer to OP's question either, I think that was a Trump admin "accomplishments" list.

Well, I guess that CAN be interpreted as an answer of - Republicans stand for... whatever Trump does? Not surprising honestly.

HP3, Invisible Fan and JayGoogle like this.
  4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He copied and pasted from a website which he didn’t link it to. That is spamming.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Btw He could have linked the website instead of spamming the thread.

6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again he could have linked the website where he copied and pasted instead of posting all of it. Are all people on the right now to like to steal other people’s work

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

HP3, mtbrays and dobro1229 like this.
  8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

If i was clutch, i'd ban you for this absurd tag and wasting his time.

mick fry likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You wanted a response to your post, which is fair, it looks super detailed at first glance.

But, it is copy-pasted and no one is going to spend time fact-checking it. This is the internet version of Gish-gallop and a summary of what you believe in would have been more helpful.

I'd warn you about reading an accomplishment list from some right wing site, I don't care to look over that and check the truth of those 'facts' but any president would have an accomplishment list. You could do this same thing for Obama or any president. It's called spin and any far right or far left site would be good at it because it's what they do every day.

HP3 likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think the word you're looking for his plagiarism.

Invisible Fan and AleksandarN like this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I guess It’s ok to post info and not link the original source now my bad. Sorry clutch for wasting your time

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I hope he accepts, what you did was extremely uncool and out of line

mick fry likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not technically spam... you asked for it

mick fry likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dems stand for orange man bad and whatever they think will appease the twitterati.

15. adoo

adoo Member

mick fry can't think for himself, thus, he can only resort to cutting n pasting.

GDP growth since Q2 2018 has been hovering around 2%, meaning that the tax cut didn't work. it did not increase GDP.
    effectively, the Trump tax cut and the Trump tax hike to the consumers (aka tariffs) neutralize each other

New GDP data confirms Trump’s tax cuts aren’t working

The economy slowed down in the second quarter of 2019, according to the latest release of economic data from the Commerce Department — a fact that says less about an impending economic downturn than it does about the way President Donald Trump’s promised supply-side supercharging of growth hasn’t materialized.

In addition to the growth rate slowing to 2.1 percent in the second quarter of 2019, government statisticians also revised downward their previous estimates of 2018 growth.
    https://www.vox.com/2019/7/26/8931569/gdp-q2-trump-tax-failed

HP3 and No Worries like this.
  16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

So is plagiarism. But who I am to judge or argue.

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Asked for what exactly? A cut and paste response that took how many replies? Where he could have posted a link to the person that actually wrote the original material.

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What does Trump stand for other than himself?

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Pretty funny considering all you seem to stand for is being against the "Dems who stand for orange man bad and whatever they think will appease the twitterati".

Your literally the same thing you complain about all the time, how you don't see that is stunning.

HP3 and JayGoogle like this.
  20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You seem to be linking to Trump, positions republicans have held from long before Trump.

As for your question, the part you seem to be missing is human agency.

The death penalty is the result of an action a person has undertaken, that leads to a punishment, ergo you do X, you get Y, the same follows with gun control, why should you be punished for the actions of others. Someone gets a gun and shoots someone, so you have your gun taken away? ergo you have not done A, therefore you do not get B (this is why for example they agree that a criminal record means you lose said right, you have done A, therefore you do get B).

Then comes abortion, what has that unborn child done to warrant its death? it's crime seems to be existing when someone doesn't want it to exist.