1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

znodes launched today... been waiting a month for these lol. Hopefully I'll be cashing in that ROI soon...

$ADA had a nice rally today.

$XVG is up almost a penny from when I mentioned it yesterday (still don't like it).

$LTC and $IOTA taking it on the chin..

#2801 LongTimeFan, Dec 14, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Trav seeing signs the price is taking off again

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That **** was crazy, does Coinbase let you setup stop-loss or are you using another exchange?

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Looks legit.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Im in GDAX atm but thinking about just transferring it all to wallet and HODL.

My split right now is about 60/20/20 BTC / ETH / LTC.

sammy and CCity Zero like this.
  6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You have to use its sister exchange. GDAX. If you have a Coinbase account you can log in with same info.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Gotcha, thanks so much for heads up on this! And def agree on wallet, exchanges have been pretty crazy lately

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks so much, stop loss will definitely make me feel a little better :) and didn't know Coinbase login worked there, thanks again!

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Triangular jellyfish pattern if I ever saw one. Time to buy, no doubt. Either that or sell or hold. One or the other or the other.

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It'll make you feel better until you get wrecked by a flash crash, and then you'll be like "what the hell? why did it my order execute? the price barely moved from when I set it!". Or even worse, it'll blow you out and then rocket up... :eek:

Be careful. :)

moestavern19 and CCity Zero like this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17700, who's laughing now?

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Heck if I know... I'm not trading this mess. Just bought and holding. I'm just chuckling at the rocket pattern. :) BTW, you'll see sellers and buyers slamming into and out of BTC around 00:00 UTC and 18:00 UTC on several days. I was going to trade it for a while until I decided not to daytrade it. I think it was happening for a few days straight. Don't know if it's manipulation (actually, duh... of course it is).

sammy likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Also, CNBC's Fast Money had what was apparently the first on-air interview with Asiff Hirji, Coinbase's President & COO. They tried to pin him down on what the next CC would be on Coinbase (like he was just going to tell them). They did get him to basically say that "from a 100,000 foot view", yes, Bitcoin Cash did adhere/pass their previously-published criteria for cc's that could be added. He didn't say it would be by any stretch. As a matter of fact, when questioned whether or not he thought another CC would be listed by mid next year, he wouldn't comment (duh). Another one of the Fast Money guys asked if futures/options would be listed on Coinbase. He didn't rule it out, but he did say that the existing futures out there makes him worried in how they're designed noting that it would've probably been better to create physically-settled futures contracts. Asiff also added that he's owned Bitcoin for a while and that he also owns Ethereum (I would've asked if he owns anything not listed on Coinbase, lol).

Some other random points :

Their trade volumes are up 30x (not 30%... 30 TIMES) this year.
    They've had days where they've opened "tens of thousands of accounts"
    There have been days where they were the #1 app in the App Store.

In general, he was vague, as is to be expected.

Hakeemtheking and CCity Zero like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Thanks for the tips on this, I've been finally getting ready to play around on there, but only with what I'm good w/ losing.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No problem. A stop loss order is better than nothing in the event of the market completely tanking, so you should probably continue using it. I'm just letting you know that it isn't a guarantee that you won't get screwed over. It may be somewhat of a guarantee that you'll get screwed over a lot less in the event of a market crash (that doesn't recover). You can also look into a "stop limit" order, but that has its own issues. If you want to read more, there are several sites that can explain the various order types and execution methods. For example : https://www.thebalance.com/day-trading-slippage-defined-1030866

CCity Zero, Yung-T and moestavern19 like this.
  17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Looks like FIFO was removed from the bill. Good news there.

mrm32, Yung-T and Major like this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ah ya, I forgot to post that. Larry Kudlow broke that news early in the morning before it was announced. That was indeed good news.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

In my on-going saga with Bittrex support, if you remember, I sent an email asking them to clarify what they mean in their TOS by accounts being "restricted" if you live in certain states (Texas being one of them). Note, I have no account with them yet -- I wanted to get this clarification before opening an account :

1) I sent the support ticket/question on November 29th
    2) On December 5th, I got an automated email response saying due to unprecedented growth, their wait time is longer than usual for ticket responses and that if my question has already been answered I had to do nothing, but if it hasn't been resolved, they asked me to update the ticket. So I did so about 3 days after I got this response.
    3) On December 13th, I get another automated email response saying the following (TL;DR -- they're swamped and I'm still awaiting an answer). I'd hate to see if there was money involved in this :

On behalf of Bittrex I would like to apologize that your support ticket has not yet been resolved. I understand it is frustrating to have an account issue. I want to assure you personally that everyone on my team is working hard to solve this problem.

Due to an unprecedented amount of growth we are experiencing a longer than normal wait time resolving customer requests. I apologize greatly for this extended wait and would like to inform you that we are addressing this issue as quickly possible.

We are actively training new personnel and streamlining our processes to better handle the increased demand. Specifically, in the next week, Bittrex will be more than doubling our current support staff to handle the growth. The hiring of support agents will continue until we can provide the support our customers expect.

What can you do to help expedite a response from us?

• Duplicate tickets often slow down our agents and their ability to assist our customers. If you submitted two or more tickets for the same issue we kindly ask that you close the newer tickets, leaving your oldest ticket open.

• Using the proper form when submitting a support request is very important. Oftentimes the wrong form can lead to a wrong response and unfortunate delays in solving your tickets.

• If your issue has already been solved, please login to https://support.bittrex.com and delete any duplicate or outstanding tickets. Doing so will greatly enhance our ability to assist other customers.

We understand that waiting can be frustrating and we appreciate your patience and understanding while we scale our support team to handle the increased
    demand.

My sincerest apologies,

Ryan Hentz
    Director of Support

CCity Zero and Yung-T like this.
  20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Use Binance if you are looking to buy Alts been quick and easy for me.

moestavern19 likes this.