1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what cameras can I bring to toyota center?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dnjndmrc5, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

So I bought a Canon Rebel XSI DSLR camera. Unfortunately it was just the body. I decided to buy the EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III telephoto zoom lens with it.

I was really looking forward to taking some really good pictures of the Rockets game on Friday night just to play with it. I had a good seat too. Section 101 Row F.

When I was on my way to the arena I was told by the ladies who check your bags at the entrance that my lens was too big. Either get a smaller lens or leave my camera behind. I was upset. Do they think im a freelance photographer who plans on selling the pictures I take for profit? Needless to say i left my camera back in the car and was left taking pictures with my 2.0 mp camera phone.

Anyone know the policy on cameras when it comes to the toyota center?

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any camera that will fit in your rectum.
    [​IMG]

3. kikimama

kikimama Member

I don't think SLR's are allowed. Anything with a huge lens is not allowed.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I know for the Rockets Play Day they were saying no cameras with lenses of more than four inches. I'm just guessing that's their policy for games too.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Yeah, they say you can't bring alcohol in either, but I somehow smuggled in a gatorade bottle...

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That is weak. At the Astros games anything without a mono-pod is fine.

cleverly disguised "I have an awesome camera" thread

7. dafranchise0309

Lens have to be smaller than 4 inches>

8. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

nice!

9. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

They measure the lens at the gate, fully extended. I don't know what the actual allowable length is, but I know that they wouldn't allow my Fuji S9000, so I can't imagine them allowing an SLR with a 75-300 lens. I'd think you could get by with a 28-135mm lens.

10. lue03

lue03 Contributing Member

What about video cameras?

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I have the same body and he same lens... Ultrasonic EF 4.5-6 75-300 Canon telephoto lens? ;)

You won't be able to bring it in. It's not SLRs, it's the width of the camera PLUS the lens. If they see anything you do not declare at the gate, they will ask you to leave with no questoins asked. :eek: It's in their rules.

The width of the camera has to be at most 6 inches. I know this because I've played on the Toyota Center court for my work's "Day" at the TC and their stipulation for cameras and videos is nothing over 6" that's what she said. :eek: Also, NO VIDEO cameras... you can, however, bring a photographic camera that records video.
    You can bring a water botte with VODKA, GIN, or whatever looks like "water" and just say "I've got water" ... a friend of mine and my brother's a while back used to do this at the Astrodome... it works.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

so that explain's moe's behavior blowing up on the refs

classic stuff :)

13. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Well, it was easier to put rum in a bottle and then cut a hole in the lining of my purse...voila! Instant secret compartment.

You buy a large Coke Zero and pour in the 8 or so oz of rum and you've got a pretty badass low-cal rum and Coke.

(i was really ****ed up)

#13 finalsbound, Apr 29, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
    SwoLy-D likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well I have the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 on my XTi. I have nothing else to add. I just wanted to say I have this lens.

;)

I actually ran into the camera lens restrictions in summer league... it's an NBA thing (I'm sure other events do it, too). I was like "it's the damn Summer League". Luckily I asked before I took my sucky point and shoot those years. Back then they just said "if it looks professional, we won't allow it".

15. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

We just buy those small bottle of VODKA at Spec's and bring it in

order a big Sprite and pour it in

and is GAMETIME!!!    ;)