1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook expected to accept 5 year extension from OKC

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 27, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...g-oklahoma-city-thunder-mvp-russell-westbrook

#1 zeeshan2, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    BigMaloe likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I bet his "trash-ass" teammates are all hoping his MVP year was just for one year..

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I have more respect for him than Durant. Durant chose the easy way to a championship ring.

MoonBus, Cash Cam, adw and 11 others like this.
  4. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

On the path to being the greatest player to never win a chip.. but I respect the path he chose and the way he don't give a

5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Good news for 29 teams in the league

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

All hail Westbrook for taking every dollar OKC throws his way. So unselfish of him. What a team-first guy.

Praise to his teammates who did everything they could to get out of the way so he could average 10+ rebounds.

The only thing that matters is wins (as long as WB gets his triple double).

7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

I think next year, his teammates will have to defer rebounds again. Otherwise, it will expose that his rebounding totals were padded. Plus old habits die hard. They've all committed to muscle memory that everyone else boxes out but not actually get the rebound. Might as well just do what comes naturally now.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

History doesn't remember the path to the ring.

split41 and red5rocket like this.
  9. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

History only remembers you by the amount of rings you have and how many times youve been to the finals and won.

like jerry west: 9 finals appearance, 1 title.

split41, red5rocket and pirc1 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a loyal player if that is true.

Half of the work that goes into making a contender is attributed to the management. He can't do it all.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his game is not going to translate well to old man disease when that athleticism starts fading in a couple years

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Everyone said that about Wade when he got microfracture surgery.... He was fine, was still a good players for years.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'd argue that wade uses his atheleticism in spurts when necessary, while westbrick's game is basically 100% jumping jack full throttle every possession

Wapzoe likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have a good feeling about WB.....I can't say why but he will turn his game around.... I dun know how much or how effective but he will.

I am sure. Harden will be doing that too so I am looking forward to seeing that matchup in the future.

I can also understand people who say he won't because on the surface it surely looks that way because his style is the reckless one.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

harden i'm not as worried about b/c a lot of his game is just fakes and deception, he's a much more cerebral player than westie and can affect a game just with his court vision. westie i see falling off like steve francis when those afterburners start burning out -- i mean even his jumpshot requires almost max lift every time he shoots

split41, Jontro and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As I said WB peers have more insight into that....like Kobe is impressed with his celebral game as well.

I am pretty confident those players are more around him more than us, fans or bystanders.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i wonder if koby was impressed with his r****ded 4th quarters against us lol

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess he thinks he is asked to do too much. Thunder were never a danger, they haven't figured out how to use the role players more.

The 1 win against the Rox they did well...... too late.

A_3PO likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

imo donovan actually outcoached pringles overall that series, but the main difference was that WB didn't get his teammates involved as much as harden did with his, especially in the first couple games. our complimentary players were in a nice groove while theirs were out of sync.

also i don't buy much into what players say, i mean hakeem proclaimed that dwight would have an mvp-type season rite before that horrendous 2015-16 campaign!

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A good foundation of a fairly decent wife who is also a bballer, good friends, environment helps......