1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We Should Grab Dez

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Coach E, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With the Texans drafting another WR, I don't see them being interested in Dez anymore. I think they are pretty set on having Nuk and Fuller outside with Coutee in the slot. I guess they could bring in Dez to be the slot guy for one year while the rookie learns, but there's just not much of a need to do so anymore.

2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

the decision to draft a rookie does not base anything on signing Dez.. He is a rookie.. I think they will sign dez on a friendly contract without question.. The question is how much is Dez asking for..
    If its true that hes not worried about money , i really think we have a shot at him. .Especially since he stays in Texas and gets to play the cowboys.,.

also we have to keep him away from the Jaguars/ Patriots or any other team that will be contending.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno about that. We know that they have 2 starting spots locked down in Fuller and Nuk and if they are high on this kid as a slot option, that doesn't leave anything for Dez. At this point in his career you have to ask just how much he has left to offer. A rookie really could end up being a better option than him.

I don't think money is an issues given that the Texans have over 30 mil to spend. If they want Dez, they'll get Dez. If he signs elsewhere that means the Texans passed on him.

4. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

I would assume Braxton is good as gone.. Ellington (cannot trust to stay healthy at all) - You need another veteran WR (if its not Deaz- they have to bring someone... Maybe Brandon Marshall, maybe Maclin ) I dunno, but they def. need another veteran WR in my opinion

#184 HOUSTON2017, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Jason No-Can-Confirma

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Dez Bryant is not very smart. He thinks he is a #1 WR........he is not. He is not getting $9-$12 Million or more. He should have taken the $7 million.

red5rocket likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, there are "far more" teams not willing to pay free agent Dez Bryant at the league minimum than there are teams that would even sign Bryant to any contract.

Bryant has been on the open market for close to three weeks now, and that market has been pretty icy. Only the Ravens have been known to offer him a deal, one that was reportedly a three-year, $21 million pact that Bryant turned down before the Ravens then moved on to Willie Snead. Per Schefter, the NFC East isn't at all interested in Bryant. It's difficult to even find a suitor.

9. Marteen

Marteen Member

Did he just Boras himself

10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lol hurting himself

11. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

just sad, because i really think he can help us.. Imagine him and Hopkins in the red zone (not even fair..)
    but of course the Texans will not sign him

man if he signs with the Patriots and we lose out.

12. mockster

mockster Member

I would love dez Bryant and Adrian Peterson, I think both still have a lot in the tank for at least a championship run

Peterson could compete for the RB spot, if he doesn’t make it then he could be a good third down back. Also might be a solid backup if we lose Miller

Dez Bryant is no slouch, still getting yards in but not as productive

jb86 likes this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I liked both players, but here's my fear--Peterson became a problem in NO, so they let him go. Would he become a problem again if things don't go his way? He's not a 3rd down back, because he's a below average receiver. However, I believe he could still be an excellent goal-line and short yardage guy. He would have to understand he'll get an opportunity to compete, but unless he's #1 RB it will be tough to have 3 RBs that don't play ST.

Dez was dominate with Romo at the helm, but between injuries, new QB, and different offensive strategy he hasn't been the same. What made him dominant was his size, elite jumping ability and Romo's gun-slinging mentality. He still has the size and hopefully can still jump. With DW at QB, he has the gunslinger that he lost in Romo. Again, if he has the right attitude, is hungry, and signs a cheap 1-yr deal then he's probably a good gamble.

mockster and red5rocket like this.
  14. mockster

mockster Member

Peterson appears to be content with taking a lesser role also I just saw a recent interview and he said he’s worked on his receiving skills and says he can contribute in that area.

Yeah the NO situation was crazy but he had his decent showing in Arz

15. raining threes

I'm thinking that even at his age Peterson is still better than Miller.

mockster likes this.
  16. mockster

mockster Member

I agree, he still has the skill set it’s just staying healthy but last season he stayed healthy.

17. mockster

mockster Member

Also I feel like Bryant would be what randy moss was for the patriots towards the end of his career

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Better at running up the middle, perhaps, better overall? No chance.

donkeypunch likes this.
  19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Randy still had speed

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but Dez never really had amazing speed, that's not the kind of receiver he's ever been. He's a big, physical receiver who can out muscle DB's to get the ball. He can still do that, so I think in the right situation he can be a solid #2 or maybe #3 WR. On the Texans he'd be a clear #3 behind Nuk and Baby Hands.

red5rocket likes this.