1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We need some hot shooting!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

OK, I know this sounds crazy, but: As long as we're squeaking out wins, I want our shooting to suck. Not bad form, I just want bad luck -- balls bouncing out, 3's not quite falling. I want that because it makes us play better defense and fight for loose balls and work on all the things that will help us win a championship. Wolves game 1 was a fine example.

And then, when we're up against it in the conference finals, I want the shots to start falling. That, plus the good habits, will carry us through.

Patience, hakeem94, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  2. Voltik

Voltik Member

Let’s just play 100% all the damn time and go 16-0. In the coming dynasty years, they can play on the edge.

hakeem94 and vlaurelio like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

This. Maintain and improve the aggressiveness on both ends, good plays, good looks, solid defense, rebounding, hustle, deflections, blocks

The shots will fall.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

That would be a way and in theory it sounds great, but do you really want to let our shooting depend on all those balls that have bounced out for 5 to 10 games to all of a sudden start falling?

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Meh. Balance is everything. Wolves haven't scored like a top 5 offense, which they are. We've found the right mix for this series, they haven't. It's because we have smarter coaches, GM and players.

6. sergio

sergio Member

If the Rockets get to comfortable with the shots falling they will have bad habits in the next round when the shots stop falling again. Championship teams learn to win in different ways. Live by the three die by the three. It’s important for the team to get punched in the mouth a few times before facing the good teams. Rockets will not beat the warriors in a shootout. The games will be decided in the paint to everyones surprise. It’s the playoffs and some of the fans on here should grow some nuts, get ready for some gut wrenching games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's the problem. The bad bounces are actually caused by mechanical issues, and I don't want mechanical issues.

But I have to say, I'm playing back Games 1 and 2, and it's striking how much better our defense is when we're behind or in trouble. We simply work harder at it, when we have to.

OTMax likes this.
  9. mockster

mockster Member

Eric Gordon has gone MIA

He’s had some nice drives but he’s been cold, to be fair though a lot of his shots rimmed out and we’re incredibly close to going in.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

2 of my favorite things!

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Grass and camo pants?

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Need to see a gif of this girl on her ace straddling that shotgun. I think she knocked out one of her best assets from the kick putting her on the ground.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its nice the rockets can win with defense, but 3 games into the playoffs and they are still shooting terribly. i'm starting to get worried.

14. acruz2

acruz2 Member

What is wrong with Gordon? He is playing with like no energy. Hopefully he can turn it around we are going to need him.