1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are watching an all-time great in his Prime

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by riko, Dec 16, 2018.

?

are we taking harden for granted

1. No

18.2%
  2. Yes

81.8%
  1. riko

riko Member

In James Harden doing work. I think we have become complacent regarding how good he is and are taking him for granted right now because 50 point or regular 30 or 40 point triple doubles are now the norm for this guy and to be honest we become disappointed if he doesn’t get those numbers night in night out! He is on one of the greatest prime runs in modern nba history.

Ramo$e, Roomba, RCPM and 60 others like this.
  2. jcf

jcf Member

Kind of a trick question. The answers will be meaningless. I voted "no" because I don't take him for granted and believe the same for a lot of fans. My "no" could be erroneously construed to mean I don't think he is an all time great in his prime. Same issue with the "yes" option. Might want to rework the question, if you want to know what folks think.

Ramo$e, Riz, SORF and 8 others like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

fair enough but generally I do believe a lot of us have become complacent to how good he is.

Riz, Lawlruschang and jcf like this.
  4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

I don't but I feel this board frequently does.

Ramo$e, Tfor3, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  6. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I remember when we lost to Mavs a few games ago, one fan on IG said he'd take T-Mac over Harden any day. Tracy was nice but we never got past the first round with him. Harden has done so much more in his 6 years with Houston and he still has many years left with us.

The best SG of the 2010s is playing on our team. How awesome is that? We really do take the man for granted. He's gonna go down as a top 5 SG of all time. Behind MJ, Kobe, and Wade.

Ramo$e, Hakeemtheking, D-rock and 8 others like this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think Clutchfans takes him for granted. He's pretty loved throughout Houston.

But the media and casual fans definitely take him for granted. He's legitimately one of the greatest offensive players in the history of basketball, yet he's been reduced to a flopper and ref baiter in the eyes of many.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Harden is fat, lazy and has no killer instinct - Clutchfans

Rocket River, BigM, Nook and 2 others like this.
  9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Yes, all time great
    Harden or prime wade?

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm enjoying having Harden on this team. I remember when people wanted to pick Dwight over him, lol.

11. riko

riko Member

I still go Wade but not by much simply because in his prime Wade was insane on both ends. Harden on offense is better then Wade ever was at any point in his career but Wade was a insane defender/ shot blocker for his size.

However if James gets a ring he will surpass him.

Lawlruschang, GotGame15 and saleem like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

He's the consummate professional.

I hope he retires as a Rocket.

Ramo$e, djperm, photojoe and 3 others like this.
  13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's had 3 MVP caliber seasons on he's on his 4th this season.

14. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

It's a ring or nothing

Let's go baby

Ramo$e and djperm like this.
  15. Wylo

Wylo Member

Nobody questions Harden in the regular season. It's his playoff performance that prevents him from surpassing Kobe, Wade, etc.

djperm, Tomstro, BruceAndre and 3 others like this.
  16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Is Chris Paul all time great?

17. jcf

jcf Member

Agree with your sentiment completely. Hard to know how to answer poll.

Rocket River and riko like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

re-post of something I said a couple days ago

Harden is in the midst of 1 of the greatest and most dominant primes in NBA history

averages of 28, 6, and 8 over a 7 year span, and there’s no reason he can’t maintain those averages for another 3 or 4 years

we’re talking about over a decade of MVP caliber play...if he had just 1 ring, his legacy would be secure along with CP3, D’antoni, and Morey...last year kills me, we were so close

everyone is fawning over Zion, well Zion will have overcome the odds if he ever came close to approaching Harden’s level of prolonged dominance...that’s how great he is

this is why I laugh when fools talk about trading him...a blessing fell right into our lap (praise be to Presti)

Harden didn’t have his 1st 50 point game until the 14-15 season and is already tied with AI for the 7th most 50 point games in NBA history with 11...in just 5 years Harden managed to tie AI and is 1 away from a tie with Lebron

Harden is already 15th in NBA history for most 40 point games...he’s had at least 10 games of 40 or more points starting from 14-15, and he already has 5 this year

this combo of skill, shooting ability, strength, and BBIQ is something you’ll rarely see...Harden is a master on the offensive end

while idiots cry about his foul drawing ability, if they actually sat down and realized/appreciated what they’re watching, they’d find out that there’s so much u can take from Harden’s game and apply to your own

Ramo$e, djperm, darksoul35 and 22 others like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's the media that needs to wake up and recognize Harden. Like it or not, the media is the gate keeper of perception. The hate for Harden has gotten so bad, the refs had to come to his defense because CWebb was spewing alternative facts on live television.

99.99% of Clutchfans recognizes the greatness of James Harden. I don't like how some members will generalize all of Clutchfans because a couple vocal posters think The Rockets should trade Harden.

The world outside Houston still thinks the Rockets would have lost to the Bulls in the finals despite Hakeem owning the Jordan Bulls. Rudy T is still not in the Hall of Fame. #Neverforget

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Absolutely yes!

djperm, Deckard and Lawlruschang like this.