1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 11, 2018.

?

(4)Oklahoma City vs. (5)Utah

Poll closed Apr 14, 2018.
  1. Thunder in 4

1.6%
  2. Thunder in 5

1.6%
  3. Thunder in 6

23.4%
  4. Thunder in 7

11.7%
  5. Jazz in 7

16.4%
  6. Jazz in 6

39.1%
  7. Jazz in 5

4.7%
  8. Jazz in 4

1.6%
  1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Russell Gump?

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

TBH I dont think Westbrick is deliberately trying to be a blackhole. He just has low bball IQ and has no clue how to function and run an NBA level offensive system. He can't make decisions that result in the best possible shot thats why he just wings it by relying on his innate athleticism.

A couple of years from now he will lose a step and suddenly become trash tier just like his previous incarnations Rose, Iverson, Francis and Starbury.

Jontro, napalm06, RyanB and 2 others like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not a Cowherd fan but that was spectacular

Rocket River

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

In all fairness to Westbrook, regarding Cowherd's story time, I don't think Harden, WB and Durant were given enough time to truly be a big 3, before it was blown up.

If they got another year or two, to really gel at the expense of losing Ibaka, they could have been a dynasty.

Hakeemtheking and A_3PO like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Vivi likes this.
  7. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Okay, I'm finally gonna bash on PG. I've restrained myself too long because I'm not 100% confident in my thoughts on this one... The dude had one spectacular year and was awesome in the playoffs against Lebron... and yall hype the **** out of him because of that. But he is not the answer [TO ANYONE'S PROBLEMS]. He's worth 12M max imo. I cannot understand everybody's infatuation with this second-fiddle... yea you give him to me for 12M he's fantastic, but anything more is a joke. He does not have 'it'

fba34 likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

knowing what we all know now, OKC would have been better off trading WB for a major pieces and went with Harden, KD, Ibaka, & WB replacement

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Paul George is worth far more than 12 mil, c’mon now...

that’s around average starter money, u sound way too biased against him

10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

It affects him more offensively because he’s overrated defensively now. He’s been a below average defender since he came back from his injury and mostly gets by on his reputation before the injury.

He’s better offensively now, but a lot of that is due to him shooting the three better than he ever has this year. I’d be very wary about paying him max dollars going forward as he just isn’t the same player he was.

Louka likes this.
  11. Louka

okay okay, 14 MAX and I wouldn't complain lol

Edit: Actually I take it back, 12. As a main guy he gets you to the playoffs. As second fiddle he barely moves the needle. Even now, I get he's playing with Russ, but dude has to demand more from his teammates [including Russ] if he's the stud everybody thinks he is.

Just like Lou Williams, he's a product of circumstance. Let's not overrate the guy.

Again, I'm actually shy about my opinions on this one, because it's one of those where I could be completely misguided.

#491 Louka, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

u must really hate Paul George to be talking like this

he is not a superstar, franchise player, #1 option, etc...he’s still pretty damn good and most definitely a difference maker/all star caliber player...he is a top 20 player at worst

13. Louka

Russell Westbrook is widely considered a top ten player and definitely better than PG, but he doesnt mean much either. Unless he changes his game, he's always going to lose in the playoffs. Sure someone will pay him the max, but not the Daryl Moreys of the world (can't believe he ever went after Melo though)

Edit: Then again Melo might have been key for a trade DM had in his back pocket. You never know.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

not sure why you’re bringing Westbrook into this

Are u saying that Morey wouldn’t give Paul George a max? The difference between Paul George and Russ is that Paul George can be a great fit on pretty much any team as a complementary star while Russ will need to have the offense revolve around him and have the ball in his hands at all times.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would not spend MAX Money on PG unless i had NO STARs . . .
    I don't see him as a #1
    Then again
    I would not do so on Westbrook because he uncoachable

Rocket River

Louka likes this.
  16. swifty

swifty Member

[​IMG]

different color shirts. it is either gonna be epic or turrible. we will see at tip off!

BigShasta likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

@Louka stick to witch sorcery my friend. Paul George is a damn good player that would be a solid 2nd or 3rd option. He is not someone you build your team around but that doesn't mean he isn't worth $20M+.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The reason we hate the Jazz had a lot to do with Malone, Stockton, Hornacek, Sloan and their fans. Although 4 of those are gone, you still have the fans that are damn irritating so I'm sure that hate will come back when you watch the Jazz at home tonight. The Jazz team themselves, I like their team and their coach, just a bunch of good guys.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is smart. You beat the Jazz by not allowing them offensive rebounds and ALSO force them to score in a half court offense and NOT in transition. So the Jazz will take those "Euro Fouls."

Vivi likes this.