1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Watson's arm strength

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, May 5, 2017.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Love this.. Mr. Clutch hates how much we gave up for Watson, but if we still had next year's 1st round pick would one of these guys fallen to us? would we have had to move up? and would it have been worth it?

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  2. Nigel Thornberry

Couldn't agree more

3. Nigel Thornberry

Understand though that Watson had 16 td 2 picks in the 4th quarter last season. When the game is on the line he is unbelievably clutch

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We don't know where we're picking yet.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Not sure if you remember, but 2 years ago, ppl were joking about tanking just so we could have 1st overall pick and get Watson, now we got him with the 12th and ppl are saying we should wait til next year for better QBs... just moving the narrative on down the line...

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I never argued that. I argued that we passed up some good QBs at reasonable prices and are now panicking and overpaying.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is an absolutely fair point that I've raised here. Nearly every year you'll hear about how bad the draft class is as QB with limited exceptions, but nearly every year there is at least one good starter that gets produced for some team. You just have to be the team that finds him.

houstonstime likes this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

It's only fair to wait and see. If Watson comes out and is a star, I don't think we overpaid at all. How do you think Jags feel about their payment for Bortles? Or Rams for Goff? Sure I would like to be the Cowboys, Seahawks, Pats, who get a star QB in the 4th+round, but I'm at least glad we aren't the Rams, Jags, Bears, or Redskins...

9. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Bortles is better than any QB on the Texans roster, trailer-park.

10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Um, ok I disagree. And what's trailer park?

11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

In the D'Onta Foreman thread, when someone suggested [ed. note: correctly suggested] that Le'Veon Bell originally played at/around 250 lbs he said they were wrong and called them "trailer park."

I get it... it's a pretty sick burn. :rolleyes:

#311 eric.81, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    houstonstime likes this.