1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Apr 27, 2014.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's hard to believe she was actually a nominee for anything that mattered.

Sarah Palin: 'Waterboarding Is How We'd Baptize Terrorists' If I Were In Charge
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ding_n_5222665.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Sarah Palin wants terrorists to know how the United States would deal with them if she were president.

Speaking Saturday at the National Rifle Association's "Stand And Fight" rally at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, the former Alaska governor and 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate accused the Obama administration of instating counterterrorism policies that "coddle adversaries."

"Come on. Enemies, who would utterly annihilate America, they who'd obviously have information on plots, to carry out Jihad. Oh, but you can't offend them, can't make them feel uncomfortable, not even a smidgen," she said. "Well, if I were in charge, they would know that waterboarding is how we'd baptize terrorists."

Saturday's rally was part of the NRA's annual meeting, which drew thousands to Indianapolis.

During her speech, Palin focused on Second Amendment rights, which she said liberals are "attacking" in addition to the United States' "foundational values and tradition." According to Palin, creating gun-free zones in schools and other public buildings is "stupid on steroids."

"Maybe our kids could be defended against criminals on the spot if more Mama Grizzlies carried," she said. "And [the] Obama administration wants you ID'd for that? Well, then go ahead and carry a sign too. A sign that says 'Yeah, I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.'"

2. Stats

Stats Member

Not sure she ever was... considering the VP position "is not worth a bucket of warm spit"

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the mouthpiece of the right.

4. adoo

adoo Member

what an insult to the right.

btw, who is the most ignorant ?

Sarah Palin. Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Engle, Todd Akin (of legitimate rape infamy) or Cliven Bundy, ?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When McCain selected Sarah Palin as his running mate, he lost my vote. He choked like a dog and ended up creating one of the biggest political jokes this country has ever seen.

Any organization that offers the dingbat a microphone should be ashamed.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Is that a legitimate way to baptize someone?

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just imagining how close she was from being one old man's heart beat away from being the "leader of the free world" sends shivers down my spine.

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It wasn't close. No need to be dramatic.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Please stop giving her the attention she needs in order to make money.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

That's an insult to the right. More like a mouthpiece for the teaparty nutjobs.

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

You know... He only did it because she was a female. He didn't even know anything about her. Just simply chose her because he thought he could get some Hillary supporters to switch. That Obama/Hillary battle was bloody and he thought he could capitalize on that. What a mistake that was.

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

And we wonder why the rest of the world hates us. If you want to argue for waterboarding, fine, make your argument. But to just disrespect a religion like that is appalling.

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Teddy Roosevelt, Harry Truman, LBJ would all disagree.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If we're not conflating intolerance with full-on functional idiocy I'd say O'Donnell, she's just a broken toilet of a human being.

15. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I am just amazed that she was able to use the word 'smidgen' properly.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Closer than it should have been. The fact that an imbecile like Sarah Palin could be a Vice Presidential candidate of the United States speaks volumes on how uneducated and gullible the conservative voting population in the U.S is.

17. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Pandering at its finest.

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

“It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact.”

-- Ann Coulter

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The silence from the conservative Christians on this forum is deafening. They have time to try and tie Obama to an unbelievably horrible crime, yet they seem to have no problem with this person using one of the most sacred rituals to the Christian faith as a joke for torture. Remember when Jesus baptized John the Baptist and then held his head underwater until he almost died? That's like my favorite part of the Bible.

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

I don't think torture is how Jesus would treat his enemies. Maybe I'm wrong.