1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Warriors Injury] Boogie

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TracywtFacy, Apr 15, 2019.

1. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

But not too soon ay.

2. HROZ

HROZ Member

For our series would be good. I think we matchup better vs them with him in the line-up.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

assuming he has suffered a torn quad, the recovery period is anywhere between 6 to 12 months depending on the severity ( according to https://jr.nba.com/health/patellar-and-quadriceps-tendon-ruptures/ ). If he can come back by Oct/Nov/Dec I wouldn't be surprise if he can get a contract of $10 million or so, but if he wont return till Jan or after I doubt he get any offers higher than the $5 million he got this past season.

Cousins was one of the type of players/personalities I disliked most in sports, but I feel sorry for the guy to have suffered (maybe)two significant injury that will end up costing him maybe 100's of millions.

BigShasta and don grahamleone like this.
  4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Puts more load / pressure on their other players, at the very least.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Good news for the Warriors. KD, Steph and Klay will easily absorb Boogie's shots. Looney, Bogut, Draymond and Bell will play the 5. They will survive this and the Clippers. The Rockets have to take care of their business and be ready to go ASAP in round 2. Nothing to see here really.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol for those who think Boogie's absence helps them, it may help against other teams but it hurts against the Rox.

The reason is Clint Capela. Without Boogie Clint wont be bullied in the paint and on the rebs. You expect Jordan Bell and Kevon Looney to stop him? Lol!

Feel bad for Boogie though nobody deserves to have his career cut short like that and he got hurt trying hard on defense.

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

Reports say Motiejunas sold 2oz of his sweat to Clippers just before this game.

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

"By video, appears to be a quad injury. If quad muscle tear, tough but not imposible to return late playoffs. If quad tendon tear (central slip), could be in line for surgery.

Able to walk off as not complete tear and he is tough. The way he goes down without contact with leg giving out seems to indicate significant injury."

This guy is famous for making instant and accurate injury diagnoses on players only from viewing videos/pictures from the broadcast. His personal life./behavour however... apparently a huge **** up.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Fat ass DeMarcus
    Oh well. Warriors will have to "get by" with 4 all-stars.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26533899/warriors-fearful-cousins-tore-quad-sources-say

The Golden State Warriors are fearful that All-Star center DeMarcus Cousins has suffered a torn left quad but won't be certain until an MRI examination on Tuesday, league sources told ESPN.

The best-case scenario could be a strained quad, but there was evidence that Cousins' noncontact injury, which occurred while he was pursuing a loose ball in Monday's 135-131 Game 2 loss to the LA Clippers, was serious and season-ending, league sources said.

"There's a pretty significant quad injury," Warriors coach Steve Kerr said after the game. "We'll get an MRI [on Tuesday], but he's going to be out for -- I'll just say a while because I think it's unclear right now how long he'll be out. It's significant."

With Cousins potentially lost for the season, it will be up to veteran Andrew Bogut and Kevon Looney to pick up even more slack for the rest of the Warriors' playoff run.

"Obviously there will be more minutes," Bogut said. "It'll still be matchup dependent, but I anticipate probably starting games, playing the first three or four minutes and then coming out. Hopefully it's not too serious. It didn't look good. Not going to make any guesses because we're not doctors. Hopefully we'll get a good result [Tuesday] once he gets to the machine."

roslolian likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That play was LRMM bad. Didn't he hurt himself last year with a non contract play as well?

11. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

Only Rockets fans....

A week ago: “The Rockets three wins against the Warriors mean nothing. Cousins changes everything for them. The Rockets have no answer for him.”

Today: “The Cousins injury is a blessing for the Warriors. Kerr doesn’t have to play him anymore. More shots for Curry and Durant. We are DOOMED!”

13. AB423

AB423 Member

Damn Debbie downers

roslolian likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

exactly what i was thinking. compare the posts with cousins last game and now all of a sudden but GS is better now :eek:

roslolian and Nook like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

OAKLAND, Calif. — Golden State Warriors center DeMarcus Cousins is expected to miss the remainder of the postseason with a significant left quadriceps injury, but there’s faint optimism that he could possibly return for the NBA Finals, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Cousins, 28, will undergo an MRI on Tuesday morning, which should reveal if the Finals are a realistic target for the four-time All-Star, sources said.

But the Warriors, sources said, are mentally preparing for the worst: a torn quad diagnosis and a postseason run devoid of Cousins.

“There's a pretty significant quad injury,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr said after the Warriors’ Game 2 collapse in their first-round series against the Los Angeles Clippers on Monday. “We'll get an MRI [Tuesday]. But he's going to be out for … I'll just say a while because I think it's unclear right now how long he'll be out. It's significant.”

Cousins sustained the injury in the first quarter, when he pursued a loose ball and his left leg gave out after getting a hand on the ball. The 6-foot-10 center immediately grabbed his left quadriceps and asked to be pulled from the game.

Montrezl Harrell, who had 25 points and 10 rebounds off the bench for the Clippers, pulled out his JBL Pill speaker after the game in the locker room and played “Clean Up Man” by Houston’s own Willie D.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

I guess Boogie will get to watch James Harden dominate "some times" from the bench.

On a more serious note, you know that while Daryl Morey is taking a dump this morning, he was dreaming about getting Cousins on the cheap this summer.

17. Theking

Theking Member

Man.. you get it! Some people have no clue

roslolian likes this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

lol

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Something went wrong in that quad.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member