1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors beat writer explains 50-16 FT advantage by Lakers vs GSW to NBA & GSW crybabies

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 15, 2013.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...owell-persecution-complex-that-still-lingers/

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what do you do with your time now that your god's career has ended

1 person likes this.
  3. Anxiety Trooper

4. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

go back to the lakersground.net forum you came from.
    Quit crying.

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

A lot of those fouls during the stretch were head scratchers. So basically saying a team that averages a lot of fouls against a team that goes to the line a lot doesn't explain anything. Just because you foul a lot, you can get called for some BS fouls?

Watch the videos of the fouls that were called during the final minutes and explain those.

1 person likes this.
  6. haydenfisher342

Damn, guess we are all wrong, lakers are really that good

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

averages and numbers aside those calls in the last few minutes of a close game were just bad and definitely favored the Lakers

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

numbers is the most interesting part of the whole argument. videos were on the shaky side. some questionable calls. but there are bad calls in many games.

9. clippy

clippy Member

What's nice is that Sunday's game was the first in a while where BS FTs weren't an issue. My theory is that the whistles are a part of "kobe system" because you only need them when you are down big and need to come back in a hurry. The Lakers were pretty much in control last night, the first time since @Indy that you could say that against a good team.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

LOL, Faker fans are trying anything at all to justify the Stern gifting them a spot in the playoffs. Pathetic.

11. clippy

clippy Member

I don't think he's a Laker fan so much as a Kobe nuthugger, so the Lakers dominating without Kobe has got to be his worst nightmare.

12. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

Dam, they lost me at "but it’s not like the GSWs are this pristine defensive team that never reaches and grabs." Desn't Dwight Howard lead the league in fouls?! Serisouly I hate when fans (especially Laker Fans) try to justify all the calls with some bull**** excuse. Seriously they are so disillusioned it hurts. Its like trying to make Royce White play basketball, its just doesn't end well.

The article truly lost creditability when I read "So the Warriors have a well-earned reputation as a fouling team. Not a defensive team, a fouling team."

Like WTF? When have the Warriors gained the "reputation" as a fouling team? I know they were labeled a "soft team" before Mark Jackson got there but seriously? This article is so weak.

13. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Let's conveniently see Houston drop to phx and la getting lakers to the 7th spot and also avoiding okc.

14. VBG

VBG Member

I think a lot of those 50 free throws were justified. There should have been a huge discrepancy.

However, it seemed like the Lakers got every 50-50 close call.

15. CONAN 888

CONAN 888 Rookie

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

they were fouling the interior a lot, but most of those fouls out on the perimeter shouldn't have been called.

17. jlwee

jlwee Member

I agreed with the article completely and it stated the main reason why I hate NBA and its referees so much.

The article clearly stated that NBA so-called professional referees officiate the game based on REPUTATIONs rather than the on-court LIVE actions.

Warriors is a fouling team, so lets blow the whistles every time there were slight contacts. Lakers are no.1 team attending free throws so just let them shoot free throws any time we like.
    Kobe is 1000000x times defensive 1st team, so he is allowed to grab and hit the defender. Kobe is a superstar, so any time there were slight contacts while he was driving the lane or shooting the ball we must blow the whistles.
    Stephen Curry is a soft jump shooter, he is not allowed to play any defense. Anytime he drives, there will be no contacts awarded because he suppose to be a jump shooter.

Shaq was a dominant force that is why he was allowed to lower the shoulder and knocked his defenders down for a dunk.
    Yao was a soft. slow and passive chinese center. So any time he tried to get aggressive, we the referees must call an offensive foul to calm him down.

Fxxk NBA and its blind referees. They are destroying the game we love.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I feel bad for Kobe and all, but it makes me squirm with enjoyment to imagine GreatOne at home crying himself to sleep every night because his god has suffered a possible career ending injury. Fans like him are why I hate the Lakers.

1 person likes this.
  19. clippy

clippy Member

HAHAHAH exactly! I really have nothing against Kobe but his stans are so bad. I just can't stop smiling when I think of how sad they are.

20. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

^ he was gonna peacefully retire next year instead hes gonna come back and annoy you fools for 5 more years LOL