1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VY, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by thegary, Dec 1, 2006.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He's better than Osweiler

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

[​IMG]

Uprising likes this.
  3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

ftfy

Uprising likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

H Town
    I thought he was too fat in the later years when he was in the NFL.

look at how slim he was at Texas.

5. Buck Turgidson

I was at the Madison/North Shore playoff game in the Dome, 2001. 61-58 Madison iirc.

tinman likes this.
  6. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I was at the first Tittans vs Texans game that went to OT and on that last run I was half way the rows up from where I was sitting before he scored, I could see what was going to happen and I bailed so F'in fast..

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

tinman likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

They need DMX as their spokesman

9. lpbman

lpbman Member

Why won't this die?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

champions are forever

tbw914 likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I blame Jeff Fisher
    Would have loved to see Harbaugh coach him

13. tinman

Supporting Member

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19750735/vince-young-questions-why-ryan-fitzpatrick-job

Vince Young wonders why Ryan Fitzpatrick playing but not him
    12:16 PM CT
    TAMPA, Fla. -- Former NFL quarterback Vince Young took a shot at Tampa Bay Buccaneers backup Ryan Fitzpatrick when questioning why some quarterbacks have continued to get opportunities in the NFL and he hasn't.

"I'd see a quarterback and be like, 'Dude is garbage, and I'm over here in the kitchen cooking turkey necks!?'" Young told Sports Illustrated.

"I hate to name-drop, but [Ryan] Fitzpatrick is still playing!? He leads the league in interceptions, and he's still f------ getting paid? I mean, what the f--- is going on?"

Fitzpatrick's 17 interceptions last season for the New York Jets were actually third-most in the league, behind Philip Rivers (21) and new Bucs teammate Jameis Winston (18). Fitzpatrick threw an NFL-high 23 interceptions for the Buffalo Bills in 2011.

Cleveland Browns; he was released less than two weeks later, after they drafted Johnny Manziel. Young announced his retirement the next month, having thrown 46 touchdown passes and 51 interceptions during his NFL career.

Young led the Texas Longhorns to a BCS National Championship and was the third overall pick of the Tennessee Titans in the 2006 NFL draft. He was named NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and reached the Pro Bowl in 2006 and 2009, but he struggled to maintain that level of success. His last regular-season action came in a six-game stint with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2011.

Besides the Browns, he has had offseason looks from Buffalo and the Green Bay Packers.

He filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2014.

Young also told Sports Illustrated that his former Titans head coach Jeff Fisher took all the fun out of football.

"I'm going to expose his ass," Young said.

Young described an incident in which he was left behind on a road trip to Philadelphia after he left his ID at home and went to retrieve it.

"I feel like Fisher did that s--- on purpose," Young said, adding that Fisher had held the plane for other players in the past. "I'm pulling in, seeing them pull the door down. I can hear the team yelling."

Young later told Fisher, "Where I'm from, that's like saying F you."

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's weird that he'd be calling out people like Fitz when he can't even make it in the CFL. I think he needs to come to terms with the fact that he was terrible in the NFL and it was no one else's fault. No one mistreated him, he was just an idiot and it caused his talent to go to waste.

Uprising likes this.
  15. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

fitz wouldnt make the cfl either

established white qbs dont like being backed up by black qbs, you saw what happened with alex smith/kapeernick and matt flynn/ russell wilson

hell even romo/ prescott

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of a weird comment being that Fitz has made it and continues to make it in the NFL. Honestly this has nothing to do with race, it has everything to do with Vince Young being a mental midget and that leading to him pissing away whatever talent he might have had. He had numerous chances and failed every single time....even in the CFL.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

http://deadspin.com/vince-young-tak...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

18. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Not a good look for VY. Not a good look for Fisher.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

sounds like you need to come to terms with the fact that he was rookie of year 2006 NFL

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I've come to terms with the fact that they decided to give him the award despite his awful performance where he threw more picks than TD passes and fumbled the ball more than he ran the ball for a TD while having a Tebowesque completion percentage of 51.5%. Of course that doesn't mean he was good, it has more to do with hype and the fact that no rookie on offense really stepped up although they really should have given the award to Maurice Jones-Drew over Vince Young but back then the "justwinz" argument won the day.

marks0223 likes this.